Saturday, September 29, 2007

Trey's Very Special Day

The anticipation had been building, the family had landed and the wait was nearing its end; Trey's baptism day finally had arrived.

It was a day I had thought about since his birth, a true milestone in both of our lives. My baby Trey was 8, dressed in white, next to his dad and I could not have been more proud. My two Richard Taylor Jacksons in the same pose I have of me next to my own dad. It was something out of a dream, but reality was even better. The only missing piece to the puzzle were the family members and friends that were not able to attend, but they were with us, in our hearts and minds.

Thanks for your love, prayers, well wishes and support Dad Nance, Rhett, Taylor, Danny, Brynn, Kalle, Heather, Kris, Kamae, Jackson, Julianne, Charlie, Halle, Annie, Emma, Jenny, Andrew, Jacob, Ruby, Kurt, Brad, Jeff, Sarah, Greg, Kate, Michael, Zane, Traci, Trevor, Boston, Gage, Mallory, Great-grandma Nance, Great-Grandma Jackson, Great Grandpa and Grandma Hansen, Great Grandpa and Grandma Larsen and Great-great grandma Beardall- all who were missed, but not forgotten. We headed to the church in two cars because we couldn't fit all of the family members in one car. I think that is the best reason to have to carpool ever! I loved that Trey kept turning around and waving at me. He was so excited he was bouncing around. Wait, he always bounces.
Josh signing Trey's baptism guest book. My Grandma Nance mailed Trey a special book called My Baptism Memories. It was perfect! Trey checks the signatures to see who is waiting in the chapel. Dressed and excited!Trey and me. Matt, Trey and Josh. Matt was awesome at passing out the programs. Our little family.Trey and almost all of his girls. We were just missing Kaitlyn who was safe in Rich's arms. (Left to Right: my mom, Rosie, Rich's mom, me and Brynn.) Rich's dad catches up with Todd and Josh.Kaitlyn loved the Cala Lilies.Brynn gave Jonni Badger's punch two thumbs up! Trey and Grandma Nance. She gave a special talk on the Holy Ghost and gave the three children a sack full of little reminders about the Holy Ghost. Grandma Blackhair (Jackson) and Rosie. The boys and their two Kentucky Uncles: Todd and Big Josh.

We had so much support and love from so many dear friends. What blessings they are in our lives! Todd, Kristi, Anna and Kate HamiltonEllie Warner and Jonni Badger Josh, Tiffany, Keenan, Loie and McKay Madsen.Hillary and Anna Claire WarnerLexie and Debbie HydeLaurel and Addison KramerTyler, Cynthia, Ellie, Caleb and Max Madsen
Some of the old Louisville Gang's Brood. (Left to Right: Caleb Madsen, Keenan Madsen, Matt, Josh, Trey, Ellie Madsen, Anna Hamilton and Loie Madsen.)
A picture worth a million memories, thanks, smiles and love! Thanks for sharing this day with us. WE LOVE YOU!

6 comments:

Marcie said...

I am tearing up looking at these pictures. Trey and Rich look great. What a wonderful, amazing day!

It was incredible to see so many people we love also. So glad so many loved ones could be there for Trey.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

congratulations! you have such a beautiful family-
enjoy spending time with all your "out of towners"...
melissa :-)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Trey! What a neat time of your life!

Tiffany said...

We were so glad to be a part of it! It was a very special evening that we've been looking forward to for a long time. I love how you documented all of the people that were there. That will mean a lot to Trey when he's older.

I still laugh that your kids call Rich's mom "Grandma Blackhair"!

When you get a chance -- even if it's after your mom leaves, will you email me the pictures we are in? Particularly the one with everyone. I want to add them to my post about Trey's baptism. No hurry.

Have a great time with your moms!

Heather said...

Congratulations. Thanks for posting all about it so we could share in your happy day! It's hard to believe how big all these kids are getting!

lacey said...

I am so glad you got to spend Trey's day with so many people that you love. In our brief 'in person' meeting I can tell so clearly how easy you are to love.