Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Brynn's Obsession

My little Brynn has a new love and thankfully it is not another food item she cannot resist ripping apart and scattering throughout the house or like her favorite trick of destroying all my Softlips when she digs it out with her finger and then eats it. Yum.

She is showing her girly side and her new passion is for shoes. The minute she wakes up she is in hot pursuit of a pair of shoes. She says "shus, shus" when she's on the hunt or gotten lucky and found a pair to wear. She even goes the extra mile and grabs and pair for Kaitlyn too. What a nice sister!

She loves any shoes really, but she does have a particular fondness for these flip flops. If we are upstairs, she head straight to my closet, opens the door and grabs one shoe and brings it right to me. She then gets on her knees and tries to put it on my foot. It reminds me of the Grand Duke in Disney's Cinderella as he tries the glass slippers on every eligible maiden. I am that maiden to Brynn. She just loves for me to wear these very girly, flowery, pink and blue spotted shoes.

Once she gets out of the tub, all she really cares about it is getting her shoes on. She thinks she's dressed and ready for a day of fun even if she's only sporting a diaper and some Mary Janes.

I love you Brynn and your shoe obsession. Rich did call me Amelia Marcos when we were moving last summer and we were running out of room for storing my shoes. Some of the boxes ended up in the Hamilton's basement, and Kristi can attest to my fondness for shoes.

Brynn, I'm glad to see you are already taking after your mom and so happy I've already found a new shopping buddy for years and years to come! Now we need to covert Kaitlyn!

5 comments:

lacey said...

Hey- did you see the 6 (or is it 8?) set of princess shoes at Costco? (Do you have a costco?) I bet an automatic winner for Brynn.
ps- you do such a good job at telling stories! Your blog is so fun to read.

Cheryl said...

Lacey,
Sadly we do not have a Costco here. They were building the one in Louisville when we moved. I'll have to keep my eyes out for them though. Anything like that would be a huge hit with either girl.

And thanks for the nice words about my blog. You're too kind.

Cheryl

Marcie said...

Oh- I will have to check out those shoes at my Costco. Alice also loves shoes. It's funny that Brynn picks the girly shoes for you to wear. Even my boys love it when I have sparkles on me (which is rare).

Kristi said...

Yes, I can attest to your shoe problem. I understood when I saw your 5 pair of black shoes that looked the same to me but you said they were different because their straps were in different places. Wow.

Cheryl, you can come visit the Costco here when your brother interviews. I saw those shoes. They are stinking cute, but they might be a little big for your girls.

Tiffany said...

Shoes at Costco . . . thanks for the tip Lacey. I'll have to check them out too. Loie would love them. Cheryl I think I would pick those cute polk-a-dot flip flops too. Brynn's got great taste! At least when Brynn digs out the lip gloss she's not smearing it on your walls (like my dear princess).