Sunday, September 23, 2007

Performance Time

Today was my favorite sacrament meeting of the year, the primary program. I was the primary chorister two years ago in our ward in Louisville, so I know all the time and effort that goes into teaching the children the songs and their lines. I love the music and the spirit the little ones bring.

I was up early (thanks to the girls) at 7:15 AM which was a good thing since today we HAD to be on time. The boys wore matching outfits and we practiced their lines and song. They were excited and I was praying the girls would be well behaved.

Rich got home from the hospital around 10 AM and surprised us by deciding to come along. He had been working for 40 of the last 48 hours and I knew he needed the sleep since he would be on call tonight as well and then have to drive to Danville (45 min. south) in the morning. He quickly got dressed and we were off.

I was shocked we weren't asked to say the prayers since it's a rare day we get there 15 minutes before the meeting, but Rich did pass the sacrament with the young men. It was going so well until Kaitlyn (a total Daddy's girl) made eye contact with Rich and tried to make a beeline across the chapel to get to him. I quickly ushered the girls and myself out with Kaitlyn screaming and in tears. The girls soon settled down and we returned to our seat. The program was wonderful. The boys each said a line they had written and held up pictures they had drawn when they spoke.

Trey's talked about his baptism day. He said he hoped his friend Trevor could come from Louisville and be at his baptism. Josh and Matt talked about missionary work. Josh said he could be a missionary by learning about missionaries. Matt said he could be a missionary by playing nicely with his friends (complete with TMNT game drawn nice and big on his paper!).

The three of them also sang a line of a song together. It was fun to see all there faces crowded around the microphone and hear their voices blend as one. They did a great job.

Way to go boys. You did a wonderful job! You deserved the cookies, and Starburst, and Twix and 2 suckers you scored from the primary presidency and bishop!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I bet your primary chorister and presiency is glad that today is over. Our's isn't until Nov. 11 so I still have a few weeks to drill those songs into their heads!

How fun that the boys sang together. And even better that Rich could be there for it!

Joe and Amy said...

Oh, the program sounded wonderful. How fun to get to see and hearyour boys sing together. I am sure it was beautiful, your whole family has such nice voices. Sounds like it went great.

We had our program today also. It is my favorite Sunday of the year. Each year since my children have first been in it, I honestly feel that my spirit will jump right out of my body. It pleases me so much to see them singing their little hearts out about such important principles.

jamie said...

I think that the primary program is my favorite sunday of the year. It's so cute that your boys were able to sing together and wearing matching outfits to boot! so darling. i'm sure you are a proud mama today. :)

Marcie said...

We have 200 kids in our primary so there is no way that each kid gets to have a part. It is great that yours did. I love their pictures.