Monday, September 24, 2007

Update: The Girls

The girls are growing up so fast! Since this blog is my journal, I wanted to jot down all the new things they are doing because next week it'll be something different!

Brynn and Kaitlyn are 18 months old tomorrow and that means they finally are ready for nursery! Yeah! I have spent months in the hallway and can't imagine what it will be like to go to class and hear a lesson again. I have been transitioning them into nursery this past month. That means they have gone to nursery, but I stay in with them for the full two hours. I think they'll do fine when I sneak off, but we'll see. Trey loved nursery and would cry if he wasn't the LAST child picked up. I thought Josh and Matt would do so well since they had each other, but I was totally wrong. They hated every day spent in there and I got used to being the permanent substitute since I came along every Sunday for a year and a half.

Here are a few other things the girls have been up to.

Hello Cheeser!
These photos make me laugh. Brynn is a nut. This is her new camera face. She happily poses for pictures with his face time and time again.
As you can see I didn't just get lucky when snapping the first shot. (Take notice that Brynn still insisted on wearing her shoes at 8:30 PM!)Same wild grin in this one that I took the day before. She gives me this smile anytime she sees a camera. I think this new trick might make getting a decent photo of the kids a bit harder!
Here are their little impromptu Halloween outfits. After church I didn't want to torture them any longer with their tights, but I needed to make sure the diapers stayed on. I found these shorts in their closet and knew they were perfect for under their dresses. They are the "It" colors of the season.
The girls have become masters of the stairs. Brynn decided she's such a big girl, she just walks down them now holding on to the side. It still makes me nervous to watch her. Kaitlyn has perfected scooting down on her bottom.
Brynn's love for shoes is still going strong. During our Jedi photo shoot she came down from upstairs bearing gifts. I had to document with a photo.
Here is the Grand Duke Brynn helping me put on the shoe.
One for each foot.

The girls are also saying new things. They jabber all day long, but some real words are being discovered.

When Kaitlyn sees a dog whether in a book, or a toy or for real she says "Dog" and points to it. She spots more dogs than I do when we are driving around.

Kaitlyn calls her bottle "juice." Can say no, hi, dad, mom, and Josh really well. My favorite new thing is when she says "up" meaning she wants a piggie back ride.

Brynn can say mom, baby, bob (bottle), shus (shoes), but her main form of communication is "uh, uh" accompanied with a pointed finger. She manages to do quite well letting us know what she wants.

Funny girls!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Can't believe the girls will be in Nursery- so great for you! They are darling.

jamie said...

I'm so jealous, I have two more months before walker joins the nursery goers. I had to laugh when you wrote that Brynn has to walk down the stairs holding onto the railing, yeah Walker would only walk down the stairs like a grownup at 12 months! let's just say I'm thrilled we are in a house without stairs at the moment. it freaks me out! i love your blog, you're such a great writer!

Sally said...

I absolutely love Brynns little shoe fetish! I can totally relate and see lots of shoe shopping in your future. Girls are so much fun!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe they are 18 months - but I guess that makes sense seeing that McKay is 10 months! What dolls they are. I'm excited to see them on Sat.

Oh - and I love that Brynn picked those polk-a-dot flip flops again!