Sunday, September 9, 2007

An early morning sandwich...

I got up early with Rich to see him before he left for the hospital, another day on call. After I waved goodbye, I went upstairs hoping to sneak a few more minutes of shut eye before the crew awoke. I was not surprised to see Trey now in my bed asleep his body positioned across the mattress. I straightened him out and pushed him over to Rich's now vacant side.

I closed my eyes and soon felt something brush against my arm. It was Josh and he was hungry. I told him he could lie down in bed for five minutes and then I would go down and make breakfast. He was soon snuggled in.

I closed my eyes yet again and not a moment later I was shaken by Matt informing me that there was no room for him to squeeze in. I told Josh to push Trey over to the edge and then Matt could jump in between me and Josh.

At this point I was rethinking my idea of the bit of extra rest.

As Matt wiggled his way in, he matter of factly declared, "I am squished! I feel like I'm peanut butter!"

Yup, he was right. We were scrunched in tightly, just like peanut butter between the bread. Great for the memories, but not the best for a peaceful snooze!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Another funny comment by my best buddy!!! Sarah and I loved this story Cher! This blog is great!

Tiffany said...

Ohhhh -- aren't those mornings dreadful when you think you can get just a little more sleep but then . . . I lie there trying to pretend that I'm getting more sleep, but I just get more and more frustrated thinking of all the things I could've been accomplishing! But, those mornings do make for fond memories later.

Marcie said...

I can relate to every sentance!