Saturday, September 15, 2007

My little author....

While busy completing my weekend ritual of cleaning out the backpacks, I was pleasantly surprised. I discovered this wonderful little project Trey made this week.
A Better Me! By: Trey Jackson
Look after my brothers and sisters.

Do my homework.


Be nice to my brothers.

The title made my heart melt a little, thinking that he was contemplating being a better person at the ripe old age of seven. I hope it was not inspired by his mother and her constant barrage of directions, instructions, lists and jobs. He was already in bed, so I didn't get the full details, but I was so impressed with his illustrations and loved the various facial expressions he drew. It had a certain David Shannon "No David!" feel to me with the before and after drawings. I love that he is conscious of being kind to his family and that he loves his siblings.

Beautiful book Trey, it made me smile! I love you and am truly blessed to call you mine!

6 comments:

Marcie said...

You need to paminate and bind that...how sweet!

Marcie said...

Umm... obviously, I meant laminate

Tiffany said...

What fun! I especially like that he was thinking "No" but decided to say "Yes". Good thinker.

Barney Family said...

Cheryl, I think this is a tribute to the kind of person that you are. You are one of the kindest people that I know.

Kellie

lacey said...

Oh I love things like this- it gives you such a glimpse into the heart and mind of these little people that we have the charge to watch over. I too think it is a definite tribute to you as a mother.

Cheryl said...

Kellie and Lacey-

I appreicate your kind words. They mean so much to me.

Cheryl