Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I hope they call me on a mission....

Every time I sing the hymn Called to Serve it makes my heart swell. The first time I entered the MTC and sung that hymn with the Elders and Sisters I had chills and a tear in my eye. I had a new love and appreciation for the song and for their calling as a missionary- they are true messengers of Heavenly Father.

I know each and every missionary are doing the Lord's work. And while it is a sacrifice, I know their lives will be forever changed for the better. They will witness miracles, have the gift of tongues and discernment, be watched over by guardian angels and give people the hope and knowledge that can bring true happiness in this life, when they accept their message.

I am so proud that my little brother Kurt is now a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has been called to serve in the Taiwan, Kaohsiung mission and entered the Missionary Training Center this afternoon.

Kurt has been like a big brother to my boys and they love him dearly. What an example he will be to my children for the next two years. It will be wonderful to share his life through letters and the boys are excited to write. We got his address tonight, so I think we'll pull out the paper tomorrow.

I don't know what my boys will call my parents home for the next two years since it's simply been Kurt and Rhett's house since they could talk. We will all miss his beautiful piano playing, his kind and gentle nature and his willingness to serve. How many other 19 year olds will sit and play in the loft with three little nephews for hours or talk about PS2 games with Trey over the phone too many times to count? Not many. That's Kurt. He always has had a very soft heart and kind spirit. Now he can share all these talents and attributes with the people of Taiwan.

Kurt, I love you and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store.

No comments: