Thursday, September 6, 2007

Signs...


I was coming home this morning from dropping the boys off at school and was shocked when I saw a beautiful maple tree adorned in fall colors. It made me smile and think about the breathtaking views of the Utah Mountains I have enjoyed throughout my life. I miss seeing the wide range of yellow, orange, red and still green leaves on the mountain side.
If having football on TV, school in session, boys playing soccer, Halloween candy and costumes stocked in the stores and delicious crisp apples to eat aren't enough proof, here is one true, indisputable sign that fall is upon us. Take a moment to stop and enjoy its splendor.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm right there with you! The time I'm most home sick is the fall. I miss the mountains! Nothing is better then taking a hike or Drive through the Provo Canyon!Even though I haven't been home for fall for three years I still remeber the smells and sites like it was yesterday. It's so great!

Ashlee said...

ps my blog is www.whatsnewmillar.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Thanks Ashlee, I'll check it out today!

Joe and Amy said...

Hi Cheryl! So fun to see your site! Fall has always been my favorite! I love football, the colorful leaves, cooler temperatures, and pumpkin anything...and in Spokane we always visited the apple orchards and nearby festivals in the fall. We're excited to see what a Northern California fall will be like! Love, Amy

Sally said...

What a beautiful photo! I love that you stopped to take a picture. Hey when you get a minute will you email me your address. Also, I hope you signed up for the Witch Switch? The deadline is tomorrow.