Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hotel de Jackson

This past week I seriously wonder if I am living in a hotel. Or maybe that should read, it seems like I'm working at a hotel. After years of having kids, you would think by now I should be used the constant pick up required to keep the house decent, but it seems to have spun out of control these past few days. How can five little kids make such big messes in just seconds?

I am used to the constant need of clean clothes, hunting for missing shoes, searching for lost backpacks and endless pots that need a good scrubbing, but recently it has gotten completely out of hand! I have slept in clean sheet the past four nights, not by my own choosing. The kids love to sneak in and watch TV or movies in our room and have managed to get them dirty more often than not. The girls also have spilled milk and diapers have leaked when they have climbed on in the early morning. I am constantly finding wet used towels shoved into closets and behind doors causing me to run an extra load of wash that day. I have gotten out the Hoover carpet cleaner three times this week and I won't even begin to say how many times the dishwasher has been emptied by yours truly or garbage runs I have made to the garage.

Yes, I LOVE staying in a hotel and look forward to the day when we can on trips frequently and find a real maid making my bed instead of me. But for now, I'll keep slaving away because like I said previously, this is MY hotel and I'm the #1 cleaner upper. Lucky me. Lucky me.

No comments: