Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday Tell All: Trick or Treat

The topic for this week was selected because all of us seem to have Halloween on the brain. It is an appropriate theme since the candy has been in the stores for two months, we have pulled the decorations out of the storage room and the kids are discussing their costumes. It is my favorite time of year!
Today's Tuesday Tell All assignment was to share what we would be thrilled to find in our Trick or Treat bag.

I really am not a big fan of tricks, so I opted to only discuss treats and since over the years I have been know to have a bag full of treats at all times, this should be an easy thing to write about. Let me preface this by saying, my Trick or Treat bag will have to be the magical variety. J. K. Rowling once said, "We must remember that we all have a bit of magic inside." I agree.

I also must explain that my bag as been referred to on more than one occasion to resemble the wonderful bag possessed by Mary Poppins. My trusty carryall never ceases to amaze friends and family as I reach in and dig around a bit and find everything from books, sweets, cameras, extra jackets, hand sanitizer, diapers, wipes, umbrellas (though the small versions), tape, scissors, sunscreen, chapstick, nail polish, gum, fruit snacks and many other valuable treasures that stow away perfectly in my normal size bag.

Now that I have explained myself, I will venture to tell you what I would like to find in my magical, Mary Poppins Trick or Treat bag this year! (Though I will limit myself to five.)

1. I would love to find a personal chef, housekeeper and personal grocery shopper. You know you haven't cooked in awhile when you clean out the fridge and find unmentionable leftovers in the back. You know you need help with the bathrooms when your white rugs always look a bit yellow the day after they have been washed. And how wonderful would it be to find someone else shop and bring your groceries in and put them away, instead of wrestling two little girls though Wal-mart at least twice a week!

2. I would love to have a van that you could hose down. Seriously, Rich and I have scrubbed and cleaned and sprayed and wiped and the van still has a faint odor of sour milk. Not the best "Welcome to Kentucky" smell greeting your parents when you pick them up from the airport!

3. I would love to find a gallon of Graeter's Pumpkin Spice ice cream that has all the flavor, but none of the calories, fat or guilt.

4. I would love to have a person be able to work out for me everyday and I could enjoy all the health benefits while the real me was still tucked inside my soft bed, getting a few extra precious hours of sleep.

5. And last, but certainly not least, I would love to find my very own, personal copy of J.K. Rowlings ideas about what happened to Harry, Ron and Hermione after the showdown at Hogwarts and all the details of their lives after the fall of Voldemort. That would be a real treat.

Dare to wish, you may surprise yourself when it comes true!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great post Cheryl! Amen to all of them -- well except maybe #5 since I haven't read all of the Harry Potter books yet. As I was reading each one I smiled, chuckled and nodded, as if you were telling them to me in person. I dare say mine might be fairly similar!

Marcie said...

Okay...You know how trick or treaters will sometimes come to the door claiming they are carrying an extra bag for thier sibling?

I totally want your extra bag.

I would add "someone who will fold all 7 loads of the clean laundry covering my entire bedroom floor, and put away neatly in the appropriate closets and drawers."

Sally said...

Love it Cheryl. I am feeling bad that I never sampled Graeters pumpkin ice cream! I could never drag myself away from the Choc coco almond fudge!

I also love your "dare to dream" at the bottom! Perfect!

Ashlee said...

I love them especially #4. I have the hardest time finding energy and time to workout but it's constantly on my mind throughout the day. How nice would it be if I could feel and look like I worked out everyday. Now that would amazing!

lacey said...

Sign me up for the hose down van, and Graetars and... all please. I had a family or two whom I babysat for in HS that called me "Mary Poppins" because I always brought my "babysitting tote" chalk full of too much stuff. I should have packed a suitcase. We think alike ;)