Friday, September 21, 2007

Heaven is.....

A tiny bits of happiness right now.

Kaitlyn: Finding a tiny red box of Sun-maid raisins on the counter and getting them all to yourself. Who doesn't like a treat in a cute little package? She then sits on the floor in the booster chair that she had me remove and enjoys her little goodies.

Brynn: With a purse swinging on each arm, and the Ziploc baggie of snacks tucked safely inside, Brynn giggles as she dashes crazily through the house pushing the stroller.

Matt: Finding a built-it-yourself foam Halloween pirate ship and foam captain on his booster seat when he jumps in the van after soccer. It will fall apart from overuse!

Josh: Had Taco Bell AND Burger King for dinner (two of his favorites) and can't wait for his second soccer game tomorrow.

Trey: A trip to Blockbuster on Friday night to rent yet another possible birthday present. This week: FlatOut 2. We'll see if it's a keeper. I'll have to unplug the TV tonight to get him to come to bed.

Rich: Hopefully a quiet night, with no major traumas at the hospital. Time to sit down for maybe just three minutes and eat something before 2 AM. One can hope.

Me: Just got off the phone with Rich and am now sitting here with a girl near each foot, listening to them talk, relieved they are sharing their food with each other, watching them nod yes and shake their heads no. Kaitlyn grabs my back and says "up" wanting a piggie back ride. Brynn puts her head on my lap while sucking her thumb. Content knowing the boys are downstairs playing together and had fun at soccer. End of another busy school week. Baseball, soccer and a birthday party tomorrow.

Life is good.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your day tomorrow sounds like ours minus the baseball. We start at 9am with soccer then straight to a birthday party. What a darling family you have. How sweet to document just the everyday things. We're looking forward to next week!

lacey said...

I know I overlook these type of moments in my own home too often. But, when I really stop and thnk and FEEL I too can see that "life is good". I have much to be thankful for. You are such an eloquent writer and have touched my heart.