Sunday, October 14, 2007

A New Obsession


My boys recently discovered a new found passion in their lives. They were introduced to the world of Webkinz from a friend at school and have been dying to get one (or three!) for themselves.

These little stuffed animals come with a secret code allowing you to access their information online. You can adopt your pet, play games and take care of them all on the computer. I bought one for Trey when he was baptized and I brought Josh and Matt one home from Chicago. I bought all of mine in the airport, but I bet places like Hallmark and other toy stores sell them as well. They cost $14.99.

The boys have been loving every second, packing around their stuffed animals and begging to get on the computer whenever they have a free moment. Thankfully I have set rules about getting homework done first and have limited their time online, but it could get out of hand if I let them. Luckily, Trey can read, so I don't have to help Josh and Matt each time they log on.
Matt and Froggy Jr. His Bulid-A-Bear frog already had the original name of Froggy, so it looks like he got a new little brother. Matt requested a green Webkinz, making my selection very easy.Josh loves dogs and told me he wanted a dog or cat, but all the the cats I saw were pink. He got a little pug he named Buddy. If he hadn't put in a request I would have had a hard time deciding between the darling grey elephant or cute blue hippo. Maybe for Christmas.
Here is Trey with Husky Jr.. This Webkinz came with the name Husky, but that name was already taken by an old Polar Bear stuffed animal Rich game me (with a diamond necklace around it's neck-good gift!) when we were engaged and became Trey's when he was young. Trey had named the bear Husky since my little brother Rhett had a stuffed animal with the same name.

I bought this dog for Trey because it had a lot of white on it and I wanted him to remember his baptism (even though he probably would have like the orange cheetah and Josh would have loved this one for his own.)

You can check out all the possibilities at Webkinz.com!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Since my parents were in town I haven't been reading your blog so I had a lot of catching up to do.

First, Congrats on no jury duty. I remember my mom doing that when I was in Elementary school. Not fun!

2nd, I love the girls sweater vests they wore to the soccer game. Do you think they make them in my size?

3rd, how great was the game last night? Drew, my brothers and dad were there. I'm not a true blue fan but after that game it made me want to be. Go Wildcats!

I hope everything is going well. I love your blog!

Marcie said...

I have heard a little about these. So glad you explained them...I may do them for Christmas.

lacey said...

I have seen kids go bonkers for these things! My generation was beanie babies and they had no electical conponent to them. I remember the hording that went on with those. And the "mint" quality sticker price for the rare ones. Maybe webkinz will bring you a money load down the road?

Glad you got out of Jury Duty and your soccer pictorial almost (almost) makes me wish I had put my son in something this year.

Ryan is on call today. He said it has been a really slow day. Maybe the UK fever hit up here?

lacey said...

hey cheryl- are you up still? i just emailed you.