Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

In honor of this joyous holiday, I thought I show off some of my old trusty Halloween decor and some of the new things I've gotten this year. (I know I said I try to be good, but sometimes I can't resist!) Welcome to the Jacksons! I love this little spider I got from Lillian Vernon years ago and had it personalized with our name.I used to have a cute little vampire to put on our porch, but sadly he didn't survive the move, so I had to go looking for a new friend. This is Frank. He is new to our house this year. I found him at Garden Ridge for $11.00. What a bargain! Now we just have to remember to put him to bed each night (unplug him) because the poor thing was up for 4 days straight! Silly little yard sticks in the front. It's been so warm all my flowers are still blooming bright!
This is my favorite witch. I found her at UVRMC hospital in the gift shop when Trey was little. My mom has one too. I think she's darling. She's sitting our our spell book from Hallmark which hides (or I should say tries to hide) our candy. A witches voice speaks a saying every time it's opened. It's so funny and I know when I have kids sneaking treats!This is my family room stuff. I bought Frankenstein from a cute catalog called Terry's Village years ago. He's one of my favorite things I own. The pumpkins are from Hallmark and are like stuffed animals. Perfect for the girls to tote around.
And on the mantel are my favorite things of all, my Eddie Walker collection. I got a few when we first got married, my mom added to my collection years ago and I've acquired a couple of new pieces last year on Ebay. They look like they are made from wood, but are really resin and that stuff breaks so easily! If my boys hit a ball into them, I'd ground them to bed for a year! They have been warned!The globe is Dept. 56 from Hallmark and all the rest is Eddie Walker.
I love the sayings on the head stones. I still need to get the cat one and the largest tomb stone but they are going for over $100 on Ebay and I just can't pay that kind of money. Someday....
I love Frank and the 3 witch tea party.
Thanks Traci for the darling pumpkin. It's right by our front door. So cute and it makes me think of you each time I see it! I love it! Our advent calendar from Pottery Barn Kids. The girls love to try to pull of the felt pieces. That doesn't make for a happy mom!Our little bathroom. Jen Gladwell made the little Trick or Treat tile with vinyl lettering and the spider is from the Liquor Barn (only in KY do you have a store called that!)My favorite soap from Bath and Body Works. Sally, I loved that you included it in your Witch Switch!This is my other little Eddie Walker scene. It's very small (the people and head stones are only 2 1/2 inches tall) and I got this on Ebay last year right before Halloween, so I didn't get to display it. I had to win 4 auction from the same woman to get all the pieces. I was freaking out while I was bidding. The trees are from Garden Ridge this year.My cute pumpkin from Wal-mart that matches my kitchen perfectly. Those are the same colors in my laundry room, so I had to go out and buy another one for upstairs.My favorite find of the year. These cute hanging spiders from Pottery Barn. The picture doesn't do them justice. Love them!Matt's art work on the fridge is perfect for our Halloween theme.And I had to included these darling PJ's Rich's parents bought for the boys from the Children's Place. I love the spiders. The girls got cute purple witch ones.



HaPPy HaLLoWeeN tO aLL!!!


10 comments:

Sally said...

This was so fun to see all of your decorations. I love your Eddie Walker stuff and can totally appreciate the "Thrill" of winning something on ebay. Its a rush!

Have a fabulous day!

Marcie said...

Love everything and so glad we got to see it. Love the boys festive shirts, I couldn't find any for the boys this year. They do get to wear their costumes to school though. Happy Halloween!

Sarah said...

Wow! You have a ton of Halloween decorations! I'm sure it gets the boys excited and into the season. I showed Jeff all the pictures before he ran off to work and he mentioned how much you have always loved Halloween.
Jeff and I can't fit too many decorations in our apartment. The mini pumpkins in an oversized sushi bowl on the coffee table and the orange candles will have to suffice!
Happy Halloween!

Ashlee said...

So festive. Some of my fondest memories while growing up is of my mom jumping into the holiday season. She, like you made it so special and I'm sure your kids will always remember your hard work and enthusiasm (spelling?)

Heather Woolley said...

You take the cake! Seriously! I love all your decorations. I'm so glad you did a close up of your mantel because I could see it in the first picture with the boys in their shirts and wanted to see it better. So cute! I really like the Eddie Walker stuff. I'd never heard of it before. I may have to check it out! My Halloween decor is seriously lacking! I usually try to buy things after the season, so everything is really marked down, but it's also pretty picked over. Then sometimes I forget what I have the next year. I love your Halloween spirit!

jamie said...

I'm so glad you posted your decorations. They are so cute and give me great ideas. I'm so good at "borrowing" ideas from people. Seriously though, I saw several decorations that I adore. And thanks for the birthday wish, you are too kind! :)

Shelly said...

Cheryl, you are too funny!! I love all the decorations you have out. What a fun mom you are. I need to start collecting things to put up. All I manage to do is put out a few fall leaves and little pumpkin decorations, but nothing picture worthy for sure.

Holly said...

WOW! I can tell you love Halloween. The kids must have a great time just watching (or helping) you put up all the great decorations each year. I love the boys shirts. Those are SO cool. And so BOY looking. Happy Halloween!

Laura F said...

How fun! I love your decorations, and they are so cute! My very favorite is the trick or treat book - what a great idea! I could use one of those now to store the loot from last night, we've already begun the "I ate six bites of my dinner, mom, can I have a treat now?" dance... :-)

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing all of your fun Halloween decor. Your house looks darling! What a good idea to document little things like this. I have to say my favorite is your scene on the mantle. However, I loved everything. What fun items to collect. I'm dying how different all your kids look knowing that you have two sets of twins. How fun! They are all too cute!