Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HALLOWEEN!

HaPpY HaLLoWeeN 2007!! Josh, Brynn, Matt, Kaitlyn and Trey Lexington has a city ordinance that Trick-or-Treating must take place between 6-8 PM. It's nice to know when it will all begin and end. We actually didn't get anyone after 7:45 PM. The girls couldn't wait to get outside and join in the fun.
Brynn found a candy stash on the table even BEFORE we went Trick-or-Treating. Smart girl. Kaitlyn was a spider witch.Brynn was a fairy witch.Trey was the ultimate candy giver. He would practically chase the little kids down the driveway to give them their treat. Kaitlyn stayed by his side. She loved looking at the other children and tried to help pass out the sweets.
Branden, Savannah and Tiffany Rosenhan joined us for Trick-or-Treating. Matt: Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtleTrey: The Incredible HulkJosh: Batman No stroller this year. The neighbor showed the boys a trick.Rich with two of his very best treats. Kaitlyn got her own goodies!
A fun night on the town. This just shows some of the candy the boys got tonight. I have never seen such a haul. We hardly went to any houses. When I was a kid I would have had to get through two neighborhoods to get this much candy. I think they must have been giving out handfuls. The boys even got full size candy bars. So much for getting rid of all the good stuff. We now have 20 pounds of treats!
We got Josh's cat pumpkin carved last night and I completed the other two this afternoon. Trey's was a skull and Matt's was a spider.This was my favorite one.


Hope your night was safe, happy and memorable!

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

You guys all look great. Cheyl I love that you went all out! Me and Drew were hoping that we would run into guys last night at one of the little get togethers. Maybe next year we'll have to make plans to run into eachother.

Sue said...

Looks like you all had a fun time Trick-or-Treating! Your pumpkins look so cool. I've been feeling guilty because we picked pumpkins out, but never got around to carving them. Romey is still reminding me. You had a lot of costumes to keep track of, I had a hard enough time getting three dressed up, and you had to paint faces too. All your kids looked very cute! It's so great that you have the 6-8 time, we were still getting knocks on the door until about 10p.m. That's a lot of candy. Good luck with that.

jamie said...

so cute!! what a fun night. You all looked sooo adorable.

Marcie said...

So impressed by your pumpking carving..like Sue, we ended up just drawing faces on the pumpkins with markers...the kids were good with this and so was I. Glad you are not our neighbors or they would be able to see the possibilities of pumpkin carving.

The kids all look so great! I think it is great that you dressed up also.

We also have candy overload here....the problem is I have so little self control that I have eaten more than the kids today.

Heather Woolley said...

Too cute! What a fun Halloween!! I loved your costume too! The loads of candy was hilarious! It will only get more intense as they get older and discover pillow cases for trick or treat bags!!!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Oh you guys are waaay too cute! I love your costume... next year I decided I'm dressing up...

Sally said...

What a great day. Loving your costume- you look darling. I can see that Rich is as into it as my husband!
Your pumpkins are amazing! We never got around to carving ours either. I regret it but we just never worked it in.

I think every city should have the 6-8 rule. That is fantastic and sure makes it easy!