Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My little Romeo!

My Matt is just such a sweetie. He had always given hugs and kisses to me freely and tells me I'm the best Mom in the whole world (talk about a real pick me up!) and when I go to lunch he waves good bye until he's out of sight. He just makes my heart swell from his attention and affection. And if you couldn't think he could get any nicer, he found a new way to show his love.

He has started to pick flowers (well, weeds that have flowers) for me when we walks down the hill toward the van. Yesterday he brought me the biggest bouquet yet. My mom and I watched him slowly inch toward us stopping every few feet. Once he bent down and we could see him struggling to pull something out of the ground and nearly fell backwards when it gave loose. He had pulled up an entire clump of weeds that had pretty little purple flowers. Twenty minutes later (we parked at 2:35 and he got in the van at 2:58) he finally decided he had found enough. I proudly displayed them on the counter yesterday and they made me smile each time I glance their way. What a little cutie. One day some girl will be very lucky to call him mine. Love you Matt!

Matt's other new found collection is hunting black walnuts. He brings them to the car stuffed in his backpack, pockets and hands and has even had other kids stash them away while they are walking and then bring them to our van. We had sackfuls of the things and when he's not looking I toss them into the trash. I mean who needs 15 lbs of hard, lime looking. inedible nuts? I just hope he doesn't start asking for them!



1 comment:

Marcie said...

What a sweet boy! Can he come give my boys some lessons in "best ways to show appreciation to your mom"?