Thursday, October 11, 2007

Boo to You!

I was shopping at Michael's a few weeks ago and saw this entire display of buckets, foam Halloween faces and a paper explaining how you could "Boo" your neighbors. Years ago we had been "Boo'd" by someone in Louisville and the kids loved it. I couldn't resist. I bought two buckets, two pirate faces, got candy and the boys have been counting down the days until we could deliver them.

Last night we dropped off the first one. Trey, Josh and Matt crept over to our neighbors, rang the doorbell and ran! We were only two houses away, so we didn't dare peek later. The first thing they checked this morning as they left for school was to make sure the bucket wasn't still on their porch. They were happy it wasn't there.

Tonight we took our second bucket. Josh and Matt were ready to put on all black, but luckily when I told them how fast they run, they relented and stayed in their PJ's. They were so cute as they crept up the street in the dark and then sprinted back to my waiting dark van.

It was so fun to make little memories like these together. I think they liked it so much, we'll have to do the 12 Days of Christmas to someone this year too!


Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Marcie said...

We had nearly the same experience just a few nights ago as we carried on the "BOO" that we got to two other neighbors.

It is amazing how the excitement of leaving a treat and trying to get away without getting caught is really contagious.

Sally said...

Love those buckets! I think we are going to do ours on Monday night! So fun.

Amanda said...

Great idea! I've been dying for something to get me into the holidays. It's just not the same in England. I think we'll try it with our neighbors. I'm sure they'll know it's us, and they'll probably think we're nuts, but oh well. It can't hurt. Thanks!

Heather said...

I love this and at this point have to admit that it was us in Lousiville a couple of years ago. The only reason I fess up now, is we did our annual run again this week and my kids were all talking about you and remembering that too! It is such a fun things. We got "boo'd" the night after we did ours this week and my kids were so funny--they realized it was funner to do the giving that getting--but loved it all. Love the buckets--my "boo" bags were at the very end of halloween post.

BTW--Holly Casos wants to know if she can be invited to your blog. she posted on mine and asked me to ask you.

Cheryl said...

Heather,

That was fun information! Thanks for thinking of us not only then, but many times during our happy years in Louisville.

I didn't realize that last photo was your Boo bags. So cute!

I also sent Holly an invite. It'll be fun to keep up!

Cheryl