Friday, July 6, 2007

What's in your wallet?

I have to laugh every time I dump out my bag in search of something. I guess you know you are a Mom when all your cute handbags and purses are in the back of the closet and you use your trusty black backpack where ever you go. It's a great carry all and works the best when pushing a stroller or a grocery cart and carrying a baby as you shop.

Today as I looked in the bag to find the missing keys all I saw is chaos. I soon remember that the girls destroyed my wallet last night and in my haste to get it away from little hands, threw it all in the bag completely unsorted. There are pictures and receipts loose and my pack of gum has been gnawed on by one or both of the girls and the top of a few pieces are missing. There is a pack of fruit snacks and wrapper (Brynn), a fruit by the foot (Trey), Starburst wrappers (Matt), two suckers from the bank, Build-A-Bear hearts and bow, goggles, bouncy ball, goldfish pretzels, a Capri Sun (from the swim meet last night) and pair of sunglasses (Josh) and plenty of black looking pennies that have been found on the ground and stuck in the bag.

So as the saying goes, "What's in your wallet?" I'd say my wallet is full of memories and fun reminders of the little ones I spend each day with and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: