Sunday, July 29, 2007

The honest truth...

Truth be told, I can't sit here and type all this time and pretend like things don't at times suffer from my new found addiction.

Yes, I am a person that has to have a project, something to keep me busy. At times it's been sewing, or writing letters, or crocheting, or reading, or organizing photo albums. I like to have things to fill my time, but since the girls arrived I hadn't done too many extra things. I don't watch TV, I didn't rent a movie for months, the photos were in piles instead of in binders, e-mails were rarely sent and for ten months after they were born I even hung my my tennis shoes and let the exercise bike get dusty.

Then things seemed to get a bit more routine and the girls were a bit safer on their own. I pulled out the running shoes, found the Blockbuster card, sent probably too many e-mails and things felt a bit more normal.

Then I decided to start a blog. It is a great way for me to keep a family history and I love doing it. It's fun to capture moments with photos, but it is made even better when there is a caption to go along with it.

I try to only type when the girls are sleeping or when Rich is at the hospital, but there have been times when the only light on in the house is a strange blueish glow coming from the computer and reflecting off my face. There have been nights when dinner begins at 9 PM or when I could have played a game earlier with the boys, but then time ran out. There are times when I loose my focus of getting the kids rounded up to bed at a decent hour because I had to finish a post.
Last night was one of those nights. Rich was on call and I just wanted to catch up on my typing. As you can see from the picture, the girls had a party playing around the computer, the boys had healthily late night snack consisting of an entire bag of Cheetos and Josh fell asleep on my bed which still needed its clean sheets to be put on.

So I have to say thanks to my sweet family for putting up with me. Hopefully I'll run out of things to say, have to less to type about or I'll just simply have to become a faster blogger. Hopefully years from now they can look back and enjoy what I've written. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

I can't imagine being addicted to blogging.....I have never had that problem at all, never stayed up way too late, put off house chores or let the kids eat whatever they wanted so I didn't have to get up to get them something....nope, not me!
Sorry, to your family! Your kids can go to therapy with mine in a few years.....maybe they can read our blogs to each other and try to understand that their mom's needed to do this so they didn't go insane.