Friday, July 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

What's on my mind.......

The girls watched me clean the toilets this morning. Probably not a good idea. Hope I don't find toys or other objects in the bowl in the near future.

I hate chocolate! It's a melty, oozing mess on hot summer days. It has incredible staining ability. Anything from chocolate flavored Tootsie-pops, a Frosty, frozen fudge bars or M&M's; all are a nightmare to get out of clothes. How many shirts may I lose to these dreaded items? I washed Kaitlyn's shirt THREE times last night and can still see a spot. I may turn into a Tide-to-go commercial soon which is amazing since I haven't even ever used it! I guess I should just buy white so I can spray Tilex on them all and restore them to their original state!

A cold, crisp, sweet seedless watermelon is my favorite summertime treat! My boys would vote for popsicles since we go through three or more boxes a week! Now if I could get them to throw away the wrappers and sticks!

I love a good roller coaster but know Rich will use the recent Six Flag Kentucky Kingdom accident as proof that riding one could be a danger to your health!

I am currently reading 3 Harry Potter books. I am reading #2 to the boys at bedtime, got 200 pages into #6, but decided to read #5 again was nearly done, but with the 21st just days way I'm feeling the pressure to finish #6 before #7 comes out so started reading #6 again today. I must love it to be this crazy! (Or maybe I'm just a bit of a "nutter" as Ron would say.)

I wish I could speak a second language. My brother Kurt got his mission call to Taiwan and will be learning Mandarin Chinese. He enters the MTC on September 6. Better him than me since I don't possess the gift of tongues. After three years of Spanish in high school I can't even remember the things Dora or Diego say on their shows!

I love a British accent. There's cartoon show called Charlie and Lola. I say some of the lines in my best accent to the boys and they roll their eyes at me and laugh! But seriously don't they sound more sophisticated that most Americans!

My favorite cartoon character that the boys watch is "Sheen Estavez" on Jimmie Neutron Boy Genius. He's a hoot. When my cousin Stephanie's husband Shane came out for a rotation the boys couldn't remember if he was Sheen or Shane. So they called him both!

I don't get Yu-Gi-Oh. It's terribly overpriced and the concept of playing the card game is over my head. Trey thinks he's all knowing of the rules, which does not equal a fair fight for his opponents.

I'm a sucker for free shipping. I love it! I hardly ever buy anything that I have to spend shipping on because in my mind it's a waste of money. I'll buy one shirt in two sizes so I can reach the free shipping minimum amount. This is great because I can see which fits better and return the extra to the store. Love it!

I love Shade Clothing's tanks. I wear one almost everyday. The straps are wider than the camisole and they are not quite as hot as the cap sleeves. A wise woman invented these under-tees making it possible for almost any shirt to be wearable. (Unfortunately I have to pay dreaded shipping!)

I don't get why people pierce their tongues. That should be an act of torture saved for those with a habit of using foul language.

Oh, and I love spell check!! Spelling has or never will be a strong subject for me. I have to ask Rich a million times how to spell words when scribbling out handwritten thank you notes. Hope the kids take after their father in that department!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Your're funny, it makes me think about my list. I hate ice cream in the summer. I think very little goes in mouths, usually on shirts, hands, necks, hair, and their is always some sticky residue left over on some part of the body which then collects dirt.

Barney Family said...

Hey Cheryl, my sister Michelle sales Shade shirts. I am sure she could get you some free shipping. She has a blog linked to mine. I can totally relate with your list, I too have a problem with popsicle wrappers.

Kellie