Saturday, July 7, 2007

What did she say?

Last night we were at the Badger's exploding the last of our few remaining fireworks much to the boys delight. Little Miss Kaitlyn was getting a bit to close to the action when I moved her back. Much to my surprise I heard a clear and distinct word, "NO!" This was Kaitlyn's first time uttering this dreaded toddler phrase.

I just started to laugh because she's become quite independent as of late. She can open and close all the doors by herself, thus teaching Brynn as she does it. She can go up and down the stairs by herself, once again showing Brynn how to do it. And she can throw a serious fit when angered. Where did the docile, gentle, flirty Kaitlyn go? She's still there, but just has a bit more spunk to go along with the sweet.

Now I'm waiting for them to learn "mine!".

No comments: