Monday, July 23, 2007

Music and Muggles

Last night we were cleaning up dinner and the TV was on the BYU channel. It was showing a rebroadcast of the Pioneer Concert that took place on Friday night in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I was rinsing a dish and wondered what the choir was singing about. They were shouting something and I turned to question Rich and said, "It sounds like they are saying 'Give us the muzzle'." Would they be singing a pioneer song about gun? I really didn't think so.

Rich looked serious and said, "No, they are saying 'Give us the Muggles'. This program was on Friday night, I'm sure they are singing about Harry Potter." Then he cracked a smile. I pushed back on the DVR so we could watch that part over and over again. It really did sound like they were singing 'Muggles'. I laughed and laughed.

For a guy who has never read a page of a Harry book, but who is married to a woman that is obsessed with it and did nothing this past weekend other than read, I thought it was quite clever and appropriate.

Thanks Rich for the laugh.

No comments: