Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seems Like Old Times

I had been trying to plan a trip to Louisville once baseball and swim team were over, so when Kristi called last week and said Todd was going to a conference in Indianapolis and that we could come up and have a sleep over on July 17th, we said YES in an instant! It had been a few months since we went for Spring Break and the kids wanted to visit all of our old stomping grounds. We had to visit the science center and zoo and even made a quick Wal-mart run just for old times.


We gave Rich and hug and kiss when he headed off for the hospital and began to pack. Since I have had to pack for most the gang when we head to Utah, an over night trip sounded like a breeze. That was before I found out that the boys had packed themselves. Yikes! When I asked where their items were, they simple said they were in the van. What a surprise I got when I checked it out. My who knew we needed ten stuffed animals, Matt's entire Star Wars action figure collection and a bat bag for a 24 hour trip!
I love driving down Main Street and seeing the Louisville Slugger Bat. It's the perfect landmark for the city!


At the Louisville Science Center the boys try to break the inside glass with a bowling ball. Where else can you try this stuff with your Mom watching?



Just hanging out.



The boys love to build up on the second floor.



Discovering Puzzles.


Having fun in the water table. Who knew you could play like you were in the tub and miraculously stay dry!


What a crew! Anna Hamilton and the Jackson 5.



This is a small corner park one block east of the science center. I love it. It marks where Fort Nelson was built in 1782.




The original all boy club: Boston Underwood, Trey, Trevor Underwood, Matt, Gage Underwood and Josh. Hard to believe that after all this blue we have three little bundles of pink in the strollers now.



The boys loved the new Glacier Run Splash Park that opened this spring. They wish it had been around during out 6 years living in Louisville!



Some of the old gang: Traci, Mallory and Gage Underwood, Cynthia, Caleb and Ellie Madsen and Kristi, Anna and Kate Hamilton. It always feels like I'm home with all of you! So many years of amazing memories and many more in the future!



Josh enjoying the slide. (I just couldn't talk Josh and Trey out of wearing their swim team "jammers" to the zoo.)




Trey's BFF Trevor Underwood. He is what Trey misses most about Louisville.



Matt found a way to cool off from the 96 degree temperatures and intense humidity. By the end of the day, my hair was so wet from my sweat that I looked like I had run through these fountains myself!



This was Kaitlyn and Brynn's only time out of the stroller during our 4 1/2 hour stay. They loved climbing through the tunnel and going down the slides. What good babies!



The zoo's newest addition, a baby boy elephant born on March 18 , 2007.



We seem to take a group shot here during each visit. It's fun to see how our family has grown and how much bigger the boys are.
Posing at the zoo. Looks like they may have had a bit of practice!




A possible highlight of the trip for the boys, playing with the Underwood's Wii.


Gage was so sweet to share his beloved car with Kaitlyn. She loved it!




I forgot how much I liked this type of toy when I was smaller.


What an adventure! The girls passed out the minute we got in the van. What memories! Thanks Kristi and Traci. We love you guys!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

How you have the time and energy to do what you do, let alone document it continues to amaze me. But I'm sure glad you do.

I love "the Jackson Five".

So many things in Louisville that I don't know about!

Sally said...

How fun to see the Louisville sights again. Why can't I blow up your pictures big? I wanted to see a close up of Cynthia and Kristi!