Monday, July 16, 2007

What size are you?

Today I discovered Matt and Trey are a size 6. At first glance that might not seem too strange or surprising, but that number not the size of their pants or shirt. Oh no, that size would be 6 inches to be exact. That is how much space was between the step and the gate that they both managed to wriggle under to get upstairs.


I had been downstairs with the girls exercising and didn't want them escaping so I put up the gate. Matt said he need to go up to the kitchen so I followed over to the stairs to take the gate down for him, but to my astonishment, he simply got on his tummy and slid under and was on the other side in a matter of seconds. I was seriously shocked that he could fit through. Trey came over to show me how he could do it too. He had to wiggle a bit more, but still got on the other side.

It made me think about my cousin Stephanie's husband Shane/Sheen when he told us that robbers broken into their home in Phoenix through a small six inch bathroom window. You couldn't think it was possible, but my boys showed me otherwise.

By this time I had to see how far I could get and just barely got my head through the space. I guess I have far surpassed being a size "6" long ago!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

So funny. Hayden can fit through my parent's rod iron fence which is like 4 inches at most between bars. We about dies when we saw him do it. You're right, it's mostly if your head can fit you're good to go.

Tiffany said...

oh my! i wish i could squeeze into 6 inches!