Monday, February 18, 2008

We Love You, but....

After church yesterday Rich and I got the girls down for their nap and were taking a rest ourselves when the boys burst into the room informing us that we HAD to go downstairs to see something. When I told them just one minute, they nearly pulled me off the bed themselves.As I entered the kitchen I was surprised and touched by their lunch feast they had prepared for us, complete with name cards. Trey said he had gotten out the plates and carrots and grapes. Matt got out his beloved donuts to share and Josh pointed out that they frosted the cookies, but were unsure if we wanted sprinkles, so he put them on the table just in case. Josh also showed me how he cleaned up the kitchen and Matt brought out a Valentine ring for me to wear and a few extra boxes of Nerds from the Valentine stash.

As I munch on my Quaker rice cakes (love them!) I asked them whose brilliant idea this was. They all grinned and finally Trey said, "It's because we love you..... and I have one other thing to show you."He ran over to the computer and showed me the screen. "And I want this Lord of the Rings Playstation 2 game. It's only rated Teen for violence and there is just a little blood."

The truth was finally out. And while I LOVED the food, that was still one big NO for the video game.

Gotta love kids and their ingenious plots to undermine parents' authority!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, those are some thoughtful little boys even if they had an alternative motive. I can't believe the thought they put into it. I can only say that kids get things like this when they have very thoughtful parents. You've obviously done something right.

Sue said...

BTW- look how awesome your doing on the Hinckley Challenge. I'm impressed! Going off your posts and everything you've had going on including a couple extra days with the kids home from school. Your honestly my hero. I seriously look up to you.

Marcie said...

I, too, am impressed by the thought they put into the meal. I also love how proud of themselves they look in that photo (that I'm sure they knew who make it on the blog) too cute!

Vicki said...

That is so cute. You've got to give them credit. . .kissing up before asking for what they most likely knew would be a "no!" I just want to know if you decided on the sprinkles?

Jen said...

Cheryl I love this. It looks very appetizing! They say children are a reflection of their parents, so way to teach them how to eat so healthy! he-he You have the dang cutest kids and they are so lucky to have such great parents!

Amanda said...

Sneaky little guys. That was so funny. It's crazy how kids can be so thoughtful yet a tiny bit manipulative at the same time.

Holly said...

What sweet boys--even if there was a little subliminal plot going on! I think they put out a great spread.