Monday, February 18, 2008

Straight from their mouth....

The other children were tucked in bed, but Matt was starving and couldn't fall asleep. As he munched on his nuggets while I swept the floor his little mouth was just going non-stop in between bites. The topics were broad and he didn't need me to resond, just listen.

Matt simply stated, "Mom, did you know that dinosaurs, pirates and knights were once real and alive. Then they had extinction. Their total worst nightmare!"I just nodded and smiled.

I think I know what Matt will be dreaming about tonight!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I love sneaking in little bits of alone time with my kids. I've realized that Romey gets the majority of it and I need to even things out a bit. It's funny how talkative they get when the focus is just on them. Aren't you glad Matt loves talking to you? I wonder how old they are when they stop talking and telling us every little detail about their lives. I hope it's never.

Cheryl said...

I agree Sue! Never would be perfect. It's moments like these that your home feels a bit more like heaven on earth! It makes all the difficult parts of parenting totally worth it!

Amanda said...

That's hilarious, I love it!