Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Thoughts...

I found the greatest new granola cereal at Sam's Club. It's made by Kashi and is called Mountain Medley. It should be healthy, but I think when you have two huge bowls of it, the excess calories sort of cancel out any health benefits.

The boys brought home a paper yesterday from school that said the district had an emergency meeting and agreed to start doing delayed days when there is bad weather instead of canceling the whole thing. Loved that. You don't have to make up a part day. Now I'm left wondering why the very next morning we get stuck with ANOTHER SNOW DAY when there's maybe one inch of snow. It seems that they are not ready to break old habits quite yet.

So I love the Oscars. When I find out the date I put it on the calendar because let face it when it comes to TV, I never remember when things are on. It's a bit funny I enjoy it all since I rarely have seen the movies that are up for awards and I think almost all actors are quite strange, but I do enjoy the fashion. I watched quite a bit of the preshow (on mute since we were having a lively game of Sorry with the boys). There was a subdued tone because of the writers strike and there were only a handful of star that attended, but it was still fun to see the dresses. I thought Jennifer Garner was hands down the best dressed. I'd give a pregnant Jessica Alba second place. And for the record, I didn't watch a minute of the actual show. I got all the news the next morning via my computer.

I am so loving Project Runway! I got caught up on the episodes I had recorded yesterday so I'm ready for the new show that is on tonight. It'll be FIERCE! I loved the surprise on the last real show (not the reunion) am dying to know who will move on. Enough said.

I am wishing I lived next door to a Sam's Club. Dinner would be so easy if I could pop in everyday to buy fresh meat and veggies at great low prices. It somehow loses its appeal when I have to hunt through the freezer deciding what to thaw out.

Not sure how you can find a sock, a shoe, ten french fries, two sucker sticks, a handful of goldfish crackers, school papers, four army men, a gameboy wall charger and a set of headphones under the back seat in the van AFTER you asked the boys to go out and clean it up and they reported it to be all clear. Strange...

I saw bits of green creeping up around the side of my house. It seems that my lilacs are getting a bit anxious for spring. Me too.

Trey got an email from his new baseball coach. He is still on the Orioles and on a coach pitch team, but our old coach Jimmy Dick's (perfect KY name) son moved up. The new fellow attached his baseball resume to the letter. Not a good sign. I was hoping for a less dedicated/passionate coach this year. I didn't like thinking about running poles with the kids if they were late. Anyway, clicked on the link and was excited/shocked/horrified to read this new one was a scout for the ATLANTA BRAVES for seven years and over all the baseball clinics at UK. We are SO dead. Trey had better be playing wall ball religiously over the next few weeks. He'll be needing it!

So loving that I found Yoplait Lemon Burst yogurt at our little Wal-mart. Before I even put them in my cart I grabbed my cell and called Rich's family as I stood next to the milk, it was that exciting. Never in my seven plus years here have I found a place that carries our favorite flavor. Happily bought all 17 (the checker mentioned I must love the stuff!) on the shelf and know I'll be headed back for more soon!

I am not a fan of almost all of the kid shows my boys record on a daily basis. Every night I delete all Bakugan, Johnny Test, Captain Flamingo and maybe leave one Pokemon on there. Where do they come up with this garbage?

My favorite drink right now is diet Sprite or Fresca (better if it's cold soda) with crushed ice and a bit of grapefruit juice. It is very refreshing and has almost no calories.

Watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age and Becoming Jane last week. Liked both. I enjoy a good show that can loosely count as a history lesson.

Can't believe the girls will be turning two in less than one month. Where as the time gone and why can't they grow hair? Just kidding, it is slowly coming in and they are slowly speaking. I guess it's because I'll miss Kaitlyn shouting "Josh" around the house when searching for Brynn. And I still laugh that "be or ba" can be used for so many words: bubbles, ball, blanket, bottle, baby, bread and Brynn. So many great "B" words for the girl to choose from.

We are back down to owing a single pet again. Our tadpole finally completed his metamorphosis into a frog and then died a week later. And the new frog buddy that came with the upgraded house I purchased died after just ten days. I sent in for our one free replacement frog, but I'm wondering if we should just take a break from small creatures for a while. I don't seem to have a good track record lately!

Matt told me he finally gave in and told Molly he was Maddie's secret admirer. He said he almost wrote it in a note, but didn't and then told Molly not to tell Maddie his news. Doubt that will happen since Molly is Maddie's best friend. Matt was so funny as he nervously told me his tale and didn't look me in the eye until he was done talking. On the same day, Josh unhappily told me a girl he doesn't like wrote him a note that she liked him. It was really cute, but he still has his sights set on Katie. Hard to believe it's already starting...

Can't believe Easter is less than a month away. The bunny around here leaves a toy or two in the basket, so I had better get looking since I haven't purchased anything. He also hides the basket that is attached to yarn so the boys have an interesting time following the trail. (Rich's mom fabled tradition) It takes like a half an hour, so I'm not sure what we'll do this year since we need to be in the van by 8:30 AM. Still figuring that one out....

And finally, I am so excited that the new Sophie Kinsella (Shopaholic author) book came out yesterday and Amazon.com wrote to say mine is in the mail. Can't wait to gobble it all up in one day. Better heat up the crock pot and put the laundry on hold because reading is all I plan on doing until I finish the last sentence. (PS Saw that Isla Fisher is playing Becky Bloomwood in the Shopaholic movie they are currently filming. That should be fun!)

Happy day to all!

7 comments:

Marcie said...

What a fun filled,busy post. A typical 'day in the life of Cheryl" I suppose.

Can't believe your boys are into girls already!

Haven't seen either of the movies and need to put them both on my list for when Jim is gone next week.

Can't believe the competitive baseball! It was like that for Jim in football growing up in Texas. Good Luck!

Jen said...

Fun thoughts as always Cheryl. I am so jealous that you actually see plant life creeping up in your yard. We are so far from that here. There is still 4ft. of snow on the ground. I think I saw the snow monster from rudolph the red nosed reindeer in our yard instead of green plant life. The streets are finally starting to thaw out. I wish hallie would grow some hair too. Your girls are so cute and I can't believe they will be 2 soon either. WOW! I love blogging!!!

Sue said...

Wow, so many things on your mind! I've never heard of lemon burst yogurt from Yoplait. We are huge yogurt fans and next time I'm at Wal-mart I'll check it out. Sounds yummy!

It sounds like your boys are already starting to have crushes. That's so cute! I can't believe how young it starts. I remember leaving a note on my 4th grade boyfriends desk saying "I dump you." A few minutes later he left one on my desk that said "I dump you too." Oh, the drama of young love.

I'm scared about what I will find in my car the next time I clean it out. It's been a little while.

What's up with all the Snow days? It sounds like they need to figure out how to handle it since they've ran into it so often this year. I still have 4ft of snow on my front lawn and we've only started school late once this year. That's Utah.

I never grew hair until I was 5. It sucked! I have bad memories of people asking me if I was a boy or a girl. At least your girls are girly. I think my mom must have dressed me in my brothers hand-me-downs. So fun that they will be 2 soon!

Vicki said...

The baseball thing made me laugh outloud. Too bad he can't be on "Coach Rusty's" team. I'm making Rusty coach Sam until he really feels like his skills are not good enough.

I also loved the van incident. I'm not kidding when I say the same exact thing happened to me just yesterday. Although I found a gameboy, two shoes (not matching), goldfish, countless wrappers, a Han Solo action figure and a business card (Meg has thing with collecting these). I may just have to blog that as well.

Thanks for the laugh. I love reading your blog and feel like you are just around the corner.

Holly said...

Kristina didn't get any hair until she was about 3 1/2. People actually asked me if I shaved her hair on purpose to make it look trendy . . .
I feel for you and cleaning out the van. I have been cleaning out the girls bedrooms, and am OVERWHELMED by the junk (and I just did this after they went back to school in January.) It is impossible to keep up and impossible to convince them that it truly is JUNK and that it is actually ok to put trash in a TRASHCAN!

kara jayne said...

SO MUCH I could say. I love the run down this post gave me on your life. I too didn't grow hair until well into preschool. My Mom was still using Kero syrup to stick bows on top of my head when I turned two. If it helps, my whole life since then hairdressers tell me how great my hair is.

You don't even want to know what might be lurking in my mini-van.

I'm totally going hunting for the yogurt at Wal-mart tomorrow. I have a total love/hate with that place.

I want fresh food fast like you said. My freezer seems to be the black hole! I think I may just have to clean it out this weekend and start keeping an inventory. Have a great week and I'm so glad the "monument" class project is over with.

Laura F said...

I love this idea - the random thoughts. I had so much fun reading your stream of consciousness and think it's fun you put down so many of the day-to-day parts of life. I can't believe the girls are almost two - Audrey thinks she's 1 going on 10. I'm afraid two will be a real disappointment. And those boys are already into girls!?!? I'm completely amazed.