Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Fun

Who wouldn't have a PERFECT birthday if you woke up to this happy face, or found your baby girl playing dress up in her big brother's Build-A-Bear clothes?Or got to spend a fun filled morning at story time at the library with these two dolls, followed up a trip to McDonald's playland for lunch?Loved that when you got home you had NINE messages each telling you to have a happy birthday. (I am still laughing that Traci's actually said, "hope you are out eating lunch at McDonald's with the girls." A good friend just KNOWS!)After you picked up the boys from school and sit down with Trey to work on the dreaded famous American project hear Josh burst in exclaiming that he has learned to ride a bike. Just when I told a friend I should start praying the boys are sent to missions they can ride in a car- poof (to quote Matt) it's done. That was birthday present in itself! (Josh was amazing and I see from the lack of shoes on Trey's feet why I buy new socks so often!)What girl wouldn't feel special to get roses like these from her big brother and his cute family,or have the mailman bring so many presents from dear friends and family to my door on my special day?And seriously, what other young women's group in the world would have an activity on cake decorating on your very own birthday? Mine of course! And they had extra cakes so the boys and girls could play along.Brynn was very good at marking things with her spit,while Kaitlyn was queen with the knife and frosting.They were real pros! Josh even wrote his name.While Matt was very good at testing all they had to offer!

And that my dear friends, was my wonderful, happy day. Sure I didn't get a decent picture of my crate paper decorations and Valentine's balloons the boys blew up, or a picture of my un-frosted cake that is STILL in the fridge or a group family shot, but I am not perfect, just my day was! Thanks to everyone who made me feel so special on my birthday!

7 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

happy birthday again! It looks like u had a wonderful day. I love to see the pics of your girls they remind me of mine. I miss them being little like that I think 2 and 3 were my favorite ages, the constant clothing changes lots of shoes and sparkles and listening to them learning to communicate. The are seriously sooo cute. Oh and I love that the learned to spit mark , courtesy of elisa.

kara jayne said...

I'm so glad you had such a great day! The dress up in the build a bear clothes was so funny especially because my boys were doing the same thing a few months ago. The best part is the hole in the bum for the tail. My boys were putting the pants on backwards...you get the idea!

Marcie said...

Sounds like build a bear should start making a bigger variety. Alice spent 1 hour at a build a bear party we went to last week "trying to put on all the sparkly tanktops"

Happy Birthday!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

Cheryl,
Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a fun day. I love reading your posts. It is fun to see how the kids and you are doing. Thanks for the advice on the museum, Brad and I really enjoyed it.
Jana

Kristi said...

Dressing in the build a bear clothes is classic. Your kids are so darling and have personality bursting at the seams (just like their mother)!

Joe and Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day!