Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day #5

Sometimes you can get too much of a good thing. While I still love the unexpected event of a snow day, I think my kids have spent more time home lately than they have at school. And after looking at the picture of our cul-de-sac today it looks a bit puzzling to why they canceled it this morning. We had an ice storm come through yesterday and it lasted into the night. I got a phone call yesterday morning at 9:45 telling me they were having early dismissal at 11:35 AM in hopes of getting everyone home before the storm blew through. I grabbed the boys from school, dashed into the little Wal-mart to pick up lunch and it was already getting icy as we drove home. Rich got home fine around 6 PM after he scraped his car for twenty minutes, but it was very icy and it got worse as the night wore on. There was at least 1/4 an inch on the ground when we went to bed. I thought school was going to be questionable, but I really hoped they would be able to go. Sadly the tempertures didn't warm up until 10 AM, so they called it off. I am still confused why they don't do delayed days here since things are often good by 9 or 10 AM. It's always nice to have the boys here with me and it thrills the girls to no end, but I just am not as productive when we have a free day pop up on us. After a busy morning of laundry, baths and breakfast the boys headed out to spend the day with friends. Good idea! Josh is in heaven to finally have a day off when it's warm enough to ride his bike all day long.

Hope your weather is better than ours and a bit more predictable!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I have to admit that i was a bit irritated to find school closed AGAIN. I really don't want to be going to school until mid-June. . .Oh well. We had a good time once I stopped being grumpy!

lacey said...

Cheryl- I find things you have written here or there on others blogs and find that you are such an optimistic and nurturing person! I just had to let you know how much I admire that....

ps- I'm over snow days a bit too.

Vicki said...

I totally agree on the snow day--just look at my blog. Hope for a entire week of school next week.