Monday, February 11, 2008

Valentine Kisses

What says I love you on Valentine's Day more than delicious kiss cookies? We whipped up a batch last night and I'm afraid we'll have to make more today because there are not many left to share with others. They are really, really good. Consider yourself warned....Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
1/2 cup margarine
2/3 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1 bag Hershey Kisses - unwrapped

In a large mixer bowl, beat margarine and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.

In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, beating well. If necessary, cover and chill about one hour for easier handling.

Preheat oven to 375° F. Shape dough into one-inch balls. Roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are firm. Immediately press a chocolate "kiss" atop each cookie. With a spatula, lift cookies onto cooling rack. When cool, store in an airtight container. Makes approximately 40 cookies.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

We make these cookies at Christmas time and eat and eat them and they somehow never get to the neighbors. I think we'll have a snow day tomorrow (up to six inches expected) and maybe we can make them. Thanks for the reminder.

I love your motivation to read the Book of Mormon. It's so hard to fit scripture reading in daily (and even want to during a mother's precious down time). Thanks for motivating me.

Amanda said...

Would you believe you can't get Hershey's kisses here? If you read my Cadbury Chocolate post, you know why. They really just aren't as good as what they've got here. But no worries, I've got plenty of other chocolate to make up for it. I'll keep this recipe on hand for when I need it.

Thanks!

Sue said...

Yummy! I forgot about these. So perfect for valentines. Thanks for the recipe.

Laura F said...

I totally miss peanutbutter cookies... with Erick's nut allergy we do little of the peanut stuff these days, although we have it in the house and I still love it on waffles. Cookies he can't eat... I just can't torture him that much. But I miss them! It's the first thing I'll do when he leaves on his mission... am I evil for even thinking that?? :-)