Monday, January 14, 2008

Tidbits of Life....

I am very glad I checked Matt's backpack tonight before sending him off to school with it in the morning. I don't the teacher would appreciate Matt's beloved arsenal of weapons he has stashed inside.Thinking I may need to someday purchase a ladder. We have this silly overhang in the entryway and something seems to "mistakenly" end up stuck on top. There has been everything from a clean diaper, bouncy balls, paper airplanes and many other various objects. This week it was a hanger. Seriously, how a small plastic hanger got up there, I don't know, but I have my guesses.
Josh and Matt were giddy completing their first ever spelling assignment and quiz today. Very grateful the words are hat, can, jam, etc. I am a bit confused why Trey has Native America Souix words on his list. When you can prove to me that they can be used in a sentence at anytime in his life, then maybe I'll get it. Doubtful about that one!
Spent my first big outing with just the girls, for the girls this past Friday. We visited the Explorium downtown with a friend and her daughter. Two hours well spent. They loved it and were soaked after playing in the water table despite the waterproof smocks. May need to bring an extra set of clothes next time. Not loving walking to the car (friend and daughter left earlier) with cold, tired babies that were refusing to walk. I had to pick them both up and and travel a block to the parking garage. Worth every ache in my biceps when I saw the expression of 4 men in the elevator as I squeezed in with the girls firmly grasped in each arm. Remembering why I hate buying Oreo cookies. This what I find around the house all day after the girls discover them in the cupboard.I got a new calling last week and was sustained on Sunday. I am now the Beehive advisor in the Young Women program. I am very excited to work with the girls and the other leaders are amazing, but I was sad to give up my calling (Visiting Teaching coordinator) of the past year and a half. I will miss working with our wonderful Relief Society president and talking with so many of the women many times during the month. I will not miss the frantic two weeks it takes making the changes in the routes, calling the supervisor and feeling like the Grim Reaper as I explained why they had a new partner or sister once again, but there was a real sense of sisterhood and love with watching over and caring for the women in our ward.
Brynn showing off her newest favorite pair of shoes. She would prefer me to wear these 24/7 if I allowed it. I usually give in, but don't have the heart to wear them out and about every day of the week.Also modeling her new favorite shirt and her new love for high heels. She cracks me up!
Loving that Kaitlyn was screaming "Moma, Moma" in the kitchen while scanning a book order. She was loving everything she saw and had to share it with me. She would point to every book and say "Whoa!"
Not loving how the girls help arrange the silverware every chance they get!


Life is crazy, but it is good.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I love random posts like that, because isn't that how life with kids is, random? It gives us a good glimpse into your everyday life.

Matt's backpack totally cracks me up. My boys are the same way. They absolutely love weapons and love to fight. Why is that so appealing to boys? I'm still trying to figure that out.

We don't own a ladder either. You did exactly what I would do. If that didn't work, I'd borrow the neighbors' ladder. Luckily we have great neighbors who'll let us do that.

What's up with that spelling test? That's crazy. Had it been my class, I would have given those as bonus words.

Oh, holding two kid at one time! Kimball was 15 months old when Sammy was born and had only been walking for one month. I got really good at holding Kimball on one side and Sammy in his carseat on the other. Now that's what you call strength training.

So here's my tidbit of information on Oreos. I heard this in a health lecture done by our stake. It was given by a health professor from UVSC. 1. The sale of Oreos is more than double any other food product. 2. When you put the Oreo stuffing in a container filled with the same stuff that is in our stomachs, it takes a month to dissolve. Now, I don't know how true that is. I believe the first one, but I'm not sure about the second, but either way, I stay away from Oreos.

I'm so glad that you are working with the Young Women. I worked with the Young Women in my ward at home for three years. I loved it. The youth of the Church today are amazing. I was always surprised with how much knowledge they have. Some of them are so strong spiritually, which is so necessary for them because of the crazy temptations they have these days. I love my young women and miss them dearly. You will love working with them, and they will be so blessed to have you influencing their lives.

I love that Brynn is a total fashionista. You read my post on Sammy and his stripes. They should hook up. They'd be a very fashionable couple.

It's so cute that Kaitlyn is entertained by the little things like book orders and silverware drawers. Why do we ever buy them toys? They could find plenty of things to entertain them on their own.

Thanks for the post. It was fun to read and think about how it matches my life.

Sally said...

You will be fabulous in the YW...They will totally LOVE you and your fun personality.

Loving the excitement with the book order...I can totally relate to her- I get just as giddy.

I feel your pain with the Oreos. Why can't they just sell a big tub of the filling and just let them eat it with spoon. Olivia would be in heaven!

Heather said...

You will be so great with the YW--they will love you. But a loss for the RS for sure. You serve with such a sense of love and purpose, I guess it's good for your ward to share the wealth.

My boys always have hidden treasures in their backpacks too :)

Marcie said...

That backpack is classic....classic little boy, that is.

I have outlawed oreos and Cheese Ritz sandwiches and...well anything will filling. Little Alice sized teeth scrape the filling and I find the "boring" parts EVERYWHERE.

Holly said...

You will make such a great beehive advisor. I am so excited for those beehives!

Just seeing the picture of you up on that chair scares me to death. If I didn't have a YW presidency meeting tomorrow, I would be driving to your place to buy you a ladder!

My solution to oreos is mini oreos. I love the little mini cookies. They are DEFINITELY less messy, and they are less likely to pull them apart--plus I don't feel so guilty when I snatch one myself!

Kristi said...

Your kids kill me. From the day Matt was born, he has never ceased to amuse me. Loved the arsenal....