Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dinner Time

This may not be an entire meal to most, or even appeal to some, but for me this is what I could eat for every meal lately. It's my new favorite salad. The best part is that there are few ingredients and can be whipped up in a flash. Too bad I still don't live in Louisville or the old gang might have renamed this "Cheryl Salad." And even worse is that only Rich and I enjoy it. I guess I'll have to invite more people over for dinner or feed the missionaries once a week so I have an occasion to make it!

* 1 and 1/2 head Romaine lettuce cut in large bites
* 1/2 package of mushrooms sliced
* 1 can Mandarin oranges drained
* 1/2 carton strawberries sliced
* 1/4 Red onion sliced(if you want- I usually omit)
* finely shredded mozzarella cheese
* Candied almonds (take 2 oz. sliced almonds and a HUGE handful of sugar and place in skillet on medium heat. Wait until sugar melts and stir almonds until they are brown and coated in liquid sugar. Place on a plate or baking sheet until cool. Crumble.)

Put cheese and nuts on top just before serving. Top with Briannas Poppy Seed dressing.

And the best part of preparing this is when I have my two little helpers by my side. Here they are helping me with Clam Chowder. I just love cooking with my girls.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Take out lettuce, mushrooms, and onions and I would love it. Or does that defeat the purpose of a salad? You know how I am.

Love ya!

Sarah said...

This salad looks delicious! I discovered the beauty of salads when I came to BYU. Putting fruit on top of salads is the best (add sweetness).

On Monday we went with your parents to the Car Show in SL and swung by Chili's after. I ordered the Quesadilla Explosion salad and your mom mentioned that's what you usually order. It is delicious! I enjoyed dipping the cheese wedges in the chips salsa.

Kristi said...

NEW Cheryl Salad?!? Blasphemy! It does sound awesome, though. I think for any salad to pass the Cheryl test, it must involve sugar in some form or another. You are sweet from the inside out!

I will make it this weekend in your honor, but I will call it Rich Salad. Love you!

Sally said...

this is making me so hungry right now. I am totally trying it.