Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Dudes

A peek into the life of Matt, Josh and Trey...Matt dress and ready for an outdoor adventure. This is a typical look for after school play and yes, those are swim goggles on his head. The neighbors are usually waiting on our porch when we get home from school and the boys are in (drop off backpacks on the kitchen floor) and out in a flash. They play until I make them come in. Matt is in and out constantly raiding the weapon bucket in the basement. Thank heavens we have enough to share with the crowd. At the end of the day, I am always amazed at the arsenal of light sabers, knives and guns we have dumped on the entryway rug.Another day, another outfit. He is an original! (PS Trey snapped this picture!)Matt wrote a note to me that said: Matt to Mom. Matt said I went on the Polar Express. His inventive spelling was very good. He was so nervous to write on his own at the beginning of the school year. He has come so far!I loved this one even more. Matt made it for both of us. The purple note says Promise Chart (POMJAR) and the small yellow square has both of our names and places he can mark if we did was we said we would. I looks like I need to be spending a bit more time in the basement with him playing with his Imaginext like I agreed to! A few nights ago, Matt showered and came down looking all slick. When I got a comb out to fix it, he informed me this was his new hairstyle. He could do it every morning by himself and could even make it into two points if he wanted. (Not a pretty thought.) He also told me he could wear this on Halloween when he is Dracula. Now he's finally sounding sensible!
Josh and Matt had to make time lines for a class project. We made Josh's into a snake. We had to have a picture and facts for every year of his life. It was fun to go through the photo albums and reminisce about so many great times. Some of the highlight of Josh's were: Being in Utah for the 2002 Olympics, going to Disneyland, visiting Mexico, attending at Boston Red Soxs game at Fenway Park, being a member of the Pinnacle Pirates swim team and playing baseball last summer.
Matt also created a timeline. We had to make his green since it's his favorite color. His folded up like a book. Matt's highlights were: Becoming a big brother, moving to Lexington, playing soccer and going to Mexico and Disneyland. Josh is always the first to complete his homework and do his reading.
At Christmas time Josh's class wrote what presents they would get. He wrote he would get pink stuffed animals for his sisters. He's always thinking of others! Josh loves ALL sports. He just wishes his two brothers felt the same way. He is Rich's constant buddy playing basketball and catch late at night. He is the one and only reason I felt bad basketball didn't work out this season. He cried for two day! These are Josh's two best friends from his class, Ty and Sam.
Give a boy a shovel and some dirt and they will be entertained for hours!
Trey had a bowling birthday party last Saturday. Of course we got stuck in UK basketball game traffic, but that was no surprise to us. Trey has wonderful friends in his school class.
Trey is now an official Cub Scout. Lucky for us, the Pine Wood Derby is just around the corner. (I used the word "lucky" as a joke folks!) Glad this is a father/son project!
Trey is in love with this. I laugh every time I see him with the headphones on his head bopping back and forth to the music! He couldn't wait to take Rich's Ipod Nano to Utah and have my little brother Rhett add all his favorite songs! Looks like we need to find a good dentist. We have been living in Kentucky too long!
The boys made these magnets at school. I scanned them onto my computer and then I printed them out on printable magnetic paper and gave them to all the grandparents for Christmas. I love having their art work on the fridge.

Good boys, good times, pretty good life!

3 comments:

Becky at Jones Land and Livestock, Inc. said...

Looks like we are both up around the same time! I think you just posted this. I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog. I am amazed at all the things that you do! Thanks for letting me read it!

Amanda said...

Love the time lines and love the hair. He'd get along well with Kimball. Maybe you remember my post about Kimball's obsession with his hair.

So true about boys and the dirt. My boys love the dirt, although they've each gone through a phase of not wanting to get dirty. Kind of funny.

Fun to get to know your boys better. Thanks for sharing.

Marcie said...

What fun to peek into the boy's lives.

Double the school projects. Lucky boys to have such a creative and energetic mom.