Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Love it!

Things I am totally lovin' right now!

Started sharing carpool with my neighbor two weeks ago. We trade off every other week for after school pick up. After nearly five years of hauling kids around to preschool and school, sounds like heaven to me!

Hobby Lobby craft store. It's like a mix between Michael's and Garden Ridge. Check your area for a store and if you find one, run don't walk to check it out!

Quaker Mini Delights Chocolately Mint. Could eat the entire box (six bags) in one sitting. Actually, I know I can, because I have. Wish they made the boxes larger!

The girls are sleeping a bit better through the night. I can't say sleeping all the way through the night, but after 6 nights of letting them tough it out (me too!) things are looking up. They totally should be, they are almost 2!

Planning my Valentine Party. Gotta decide how to make it different than last year. I think this way my boys might actually like this kissy and huggy holiday. And a gigantic Hershey kiss never hurts either.

After my friend called to tell me Old Navy had marked down the sale price by 50%, I headed over to the store and had $46.52 put back on my card. Love it! That means I got 2 winter coats, 5 scarfs, 3 hooded sweatshirts and 4 pairs of warm winter gloves for under $40.00. What a deal!

Got a $10.00 gift card in the mail today from Bath and Body Works. Know I'll soon receive a $20.00 gift card from the Sunglass Hut for my birthday.

Excited that my birthday is less than one month away. I have embraced getting older!

Working out in the morning with my friend: Cable TV. I never watch TV at night (so much to do) but when I ride my exercise bike I love to turn on Bravo and watch all the reruns of my new favorite shows: Project Runway and Top Chef. Of course I watch a few other silly ones that come on in between (Like E! News and the Daily 10) but they make my workout go so much faster! Now I am trying to remember to DVR the new episodes, but since my TV downstairs is the one that doesn't have DVR, I still have a few new ones taped that I haven't viewed yet- something I look forward to doing!

Planning a trip to Chili's on Saturday with the family and will use our Christmas gift cards. Tried to go on Monday night, but the wait was too long. Settled for Qdoba. Not a bad second choice!

Rich is now Trey's cub scout leader. (He was bummed about leaving the YM and I agree. It was a good 18 month run. Never easy to leave the boys and leaders). Love that it will be a full Wednesday family night at the church each week.

Found that Pottery Barn marked down their Christmas merchandise to 75% off or less. Got 2 wreaths, 15 ornaments and 3 plants for under $50.00. Love a great deal!

Grateful Dillard's is having a free Estee Lauder gift starting February 5th. Brynn destroyed my eyeshadow and dumped out a brand new eye makeup remover on the carpet in seconds just last week. She's a girly girl!

Finally found a belt worth wearing! Got this at Eddie Bauer just before Christmas. On sale, plus got an extra 20% off.

Trey finally started chess club. Got the t-shirt and rules of the game down, but will need to practice a lot at home seeing that he only has 5 after school practices all year long!

Love Redbox. Rented 3 movie over this long weekend for $3.00. Best part was being downstairs with the boys all together on a snow day. Evan Almighty was a fine show, but I was very happy they didn't make me sit through Underdog!

Bought a 12.5 pound turkey at Wal-mart for $8.50. It was like having Thanksgiving dinner in January!

Used our Cuisinart Ice Cream maker for the 2nd time ever. Only owned it for about 4 years. The boys had no idea you could make ice cream at home. Couldn't find the manual so I called customer service who mailed one out right away. Love the Internet and the ice cream!

The list could go on, but I'll stop there. Hopefully I'll find a few new loves today!

9 comments:

Marcie said...

I'll have to check out the Quaker Delights...chocolate and mint...the've got my name written all over them.

I love the two week price adjustments at Gap and Old Navy. On the days when I "am given" a ton of money back just for making the trip in. I literally want to do a happy dance at the counter and explain to everyone what a great deal I just got.

Fun post!

traci said...

I love the Old Navy deal. I am still glowing from it and don't mind if I don't get another deal for like ...um...weeks, maybe months. But, with San Diego shopping coming up next week, I am bound to find more deals. Love that belt too. Scores!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I love project runway and top chef... I made myself get on the treadmill today to watch them on tivo.. your exercise/tv combo is a good one i think.
i have that icecream maker too... I have a couple of really good recipes for it - i'll email you if i remember. I have one trick that I learned- you have to have the ingredients super cold before you put them in to get it to freeze well.
i need a good black belt, post if you find one.

Marcie said...

I, too, need a good black belt (not the Karate kind- we have that covered on so many levels)

Tiffany said...

Automatic ice cream makers are so fun! We used to have one but it broke. My mom gave us all new ones for Christmas, but I told her to just leave it there in CA because I didn't want one more thing to move! Now I'm wishing I had it! Have you ever tried butterfinger icecream? We made it almost every Sunday when I was in high school!

Cheryl said...

Melissa and Marcie-

If you like the brown one I posted you can get it in black too. I actually bought them both (at the store, they are not online)- but didn't write that. I am TRYING to be good, but sometimes I can't resist!

Cheryl

lacey said...

Hey Cheryl-loved your list. I love Hobby Lobby and my mom does too. They don't have on in Idaho near her and I told her if she came we could go....great enticement I know!
:)

Kristi said...

Cheryl you kill me. I love your energy and excitement for all things sweet and on sale. Reading your blog makes me smile, and being your friend makes me happy!

Sarah said...

Cheryl, thanks for the list! I enjoyed it as much as Oprah's list of Favorites (not joking). Please list other great things when you find them.

Hope you all are well. We sure miss you!