Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sour Cream Potatoes

Our ward Relief Society is putting together a cookbook and as I went through my recipes I found this one for the best Sour Cream Potatoes. I hadn't made it in ages. I made a batch and liked it so much it that I made it again last night for the second time this week. With the holidays so close, this recipe would be easy to whip up and take along to families parties or holiday get togethers.

Sour Cream Potatoes

1 pint sour cream

32 oz. frozen hash browns (I use the shredded kind and could only find a 28 oz bag and they worked fine)

12 oz pkg bacon cooked and crumbled

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 Tb dry onion (rehydrated-toss water)

2 tsp parsley

2 c. longhorn cheese (I use cheddar)

1 tsp. garlic pepper (I leave this out and just put in some pepper)

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and pour into a greased 9 X 13 inch glass baking dish.

Optional Topping: 1 c. crushed cornflakes and 1/2 cube margarine.

Bake 350 for 45 min. (Though I was in a rush last night and baked mine at 375 for less time and it worked just fine!)

4 comments:

Barney Family said...

I like the new changes to your blog! The pictures of you girls are so cute!

Kellie

Stephanie said...

Thanks for all the recipes! It is always fun to try something new AND easy!

Tiffany said...

Yum -- I look forward to trying it!

Sue said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm totally going to try these as soon as I end my vacation of my now 2 years of not cooking.