Monday, November 5, 2007

Beauties of Kentucky

Kentucky is a lovely state, but is especially breathtaking during the fall. Here are a few pictures I have taken this past week. I hoped to capture some of its beauty. Boyd Orchard
Taylor Made Horse Farm."The Castle" in Versailles, Kentucky. A man named Rex Martin started building it in 1969, but he and his wife divorced before its completion. The property was sold in 2003, there was a fire in 2004 and should be completed in April 2008 as a Bed and Breakfast. It's been a Lexington landmark for nearly forty years, even though it was only partially finished. The great American Past Time.Keeneland at sunset.
The end of a perfect Kentucky day.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Thak you for sharing a little of Kentucky...we sure do miss it. I want to stay in that Bed and Breakfast when it is completed...let me know. I always was fascinated by that "castle".

Stephanie said...

I love fall! Thanks for the tree picture, since I havn't see any leaves changing colors here. That is something I really miss about Utah. It is fun to see your Kentucky pictures and know that I have actually seen them myself. Thanks for that great couple of days! We had a blast! I can't believe that was almost a year ago!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Beautiful pictures! That is such a good idea to take pictures of the "stuff" around you and where you live. I'm going to try to do that more.

Heather Woolley said...

Beautiful pictures. You really have a talent for photography. It makes me want to visit you even more. I'd love to visit all those places because you've made them look perfect. Thank you for the pictures of changing leaves. I miss the seasons. I love fall.

Sally said...

That orange tree is unlike any I have seen! So vibrant. Oh, how I miss Kentucky. You will be so happy that you have documented so many great things about that state!

Tiffany said...

I loved the KY pics -- the castle made me smile. It's great that you documented it. You'll have to keep posting KY pics next year when I'm having serious withdrawls!