Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Time for Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving 2007!!

Tis the season for food, friends and fun. We wish you health, happiness and lots of love on this very special holiday!

Here is a sampling of what we have been doing this Thanksgiving season.

First off, I realized yesterday that this was the first year in ages (four actually) that none of the boys had a Thanksgiving feast celebration. I have always been able to go to the boys preschool to help with food and games. I loved how some were dressed up as pilgrims, others as indians. My boys were always indians. I loved the paper bag vests, the face paint, the beaded necklaces, and the crazy assortment of food. My boys rolled their eyes at eating most of it- such dreadful things like carrots and cheese! I loved taking pictures of them with their teacher and classmates. We did have a little Thanksgiving meal in the lunch room (check out the prior post), but sitting on the cafeteria floor, just didn't feel the same.

Even with out the big class party, the boys still got into the Turkey Spirit. They each brought home countless projects over the past few weeks. Trey's class made a How to Cook a Turkey Cookbook. Trey's recipe went like this (with the proper Trey spelling):

How to Cook a Turkey By: Trey
1. Rud it with butter.
2. Throw it in water.
3. Cook it.
4. Take it out.
5. Clean it.
6. Rud it agin with butter.
Yum! I'll have to try that this year!
Josh's class made a wide variety of turkeys. I loved the wind sock turkey complete with rainbow streamers and his thankful turkey. He wrote:

Dear Mom and Dad,
Thank you for helping me with my home wrk.
Luv, Josh
Matt also made a beautiful windsock, a book about what the turkey saw (hutr= hunter!) and a thankful turkey. He wrote: Thank you for being kind. And the girls took a liking to our pumpkin turkey. Thankfully his place is located safely on the porch.
Have a wonderful holiday!

Love, The Jacksons

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I completely forgot about all the fun stuff you do at school when you are a kid. The holidays are the best! Although it is fun to celebrate the holidays as an adult, I am anxious for Hannah to get a little older too. Kids always make the holidays (year round) more fun.

Marcie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The kids look great, it was fun to see all the projects that have been keeping them busy at school.

Tiffany said...

I missed out on the Thanksgiving feasts this year too. Kind of sad about that! But, we also got a lot of fun crafts to make up for it. Love that you took a picture of the kids with their crafts -- I need to do that. You always inspire me!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your kids all look so cute and the girls are getting so big... they still seem like they should be little babies! Hope that you had a wonderful holiday.

Sally said...

Thanks for the e-card! The picture of your kids is darling. You always inspire me with all of the things you document! So detailed, I love it.