Monday, June 2, 2008

It's here...

Lately it had felt like school would never end. Like the beloved summer would never arrive. I guess that is what happens when you have to tack on an extra week after a winter full of unexpected snow days. And while I loved going to lunch with the boys, attending their school programs and concerts and getting to enjoy part of the day with only my baby girls- I love having them around all the time even more. So here's to a summer full of:Reading good books in your swimsuits, Trey: Comic Guy (a bit too easy)Josh: Magic Tree House (a bit too hard)Matt: Dick and Jane (just right)considering this as being dressed Swim team every morning (Matt and Josh far lane),Hanging out at the pool (Trey chatting up Hannah- no I'm not encouraging this)Water fights
And playing hard each and every day. Whew! This was just DAY ONE!

Enjoy your summer. I can't honestly put the word 'break' on the end, because I don't think that is really true. It's just a different kind of busy. But a very good kind indeed.

2 comments:

Sue said...

You totally captured summer with all these great photo's. This post made me want to through on my swimsuit and run through the sprinklers. We still have 4 more weeks until school lets out. I agree, it feels like it will never come. As soon as school lets out they actually go back 3 weeks later. It's the worst! My kids are in year round and we thought they might change it to traditional this year. No such luck. I guess we'll have to live it up for the 3 weeks we have. They actually get the month of September off and I'm pretty excited about that.

Enjoy your summer! I'm glad I can tag-a-long to see all the fun things you do.

Marcie said...

The girls looks so cute in those darling swimsuits.

Those are some seriousl water guns. My boys would LOVE those.