Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Invasion

Mayday, Mayday, we are under attack! For the past month these little creatures can be found everywhere!The 17 year Cicadas have arrived in swarms. Their constant buzz can be heard loudly through closed doors and windows. It's not often that your sons little league coach has to try to talk over bugs. It made me laugh while he tried. I only caught every third word and was only a few feet away. Kaitlyn's not so sure of these new found friends. But I'm with Matt. I like the little things and will miss them when they have had there fill of our area and say goodbye.

3 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that will be glad when they are gone.. I've never seen anything like it before, they are everywhere here too. At Girls camp you couldn't hear the testimonies over their noise..

Marcie said...

Wow, kind of sad I'm missing the invasion. My students "taught" me about them when we were there. But I never got to experience them. Someone needs to write a children's book about them, I think it is such a fascinating life cycle.

I didn't imagine them being so HUGE.

Jen said...

Wow Cheryl! I have never seen that many in my life! I was actually telling Mike the other night that I miss hearing that sound in Louisville. That is summer to me with the misty heavy air. Bitter sweet I guess!