Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Miss Elphaba

When you add fresh cut grass and lots of rain, the world turns a bit magical.Meet my little "witch."

She loves all animals.

She loves to sing. All day long.

She has a sister she often tries to take care of (for better or worse).

She looks good in black.

She is not afraid to stand up to authority (ME!).

She speaks her mind. Often.

And her skin is currently green.

Well, her feet at least.

Then I added water, and it melted away.

A good scrub in the tub erased little Elphie from her sweet green piggies.

And I missed them immediately.

Good thing Brynn is cute with or without her emerald hue.

But it was her words that quickly brought to mind that the little WICKED devil is still inside.

Last night she proudly announced:

"I am a princess. Kay-en (Kaitlyn) is a witch."

Right then and there I glanced at her feet and saw beyond the red ruby shoes encasing them and saw the hint of green return.

Good.

It was about time.

I was wondering where she went....

4 comments:

Kristi said...

LOVE it!

Marcie said...

Cutest green toes I've ever seen.

Barney Family said...

You are so creative! I enjoy your posts!

Ashlee said...

So funny!