Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Captain's Quarters

After our highly anticipated visit to Kroger to watch the crafting of "The Garland of Roses" we headed toward the Ohio River to eat at Captain's Quarters. It was Kristi's idea and it was perfect. I called a week before a had reservation for 8:30 PM.

Captain's Quarters is a restaurant located just off of River Road and the scenery was spectacular. I have always loved driving through the lush, tree lined streets that encase the roads surrounding the river. It was dusk, there was rain, the earth smelled clean and I couldn't help but unroll my window to enjoy the fresh breeze and take photos along the way.

Yes, this was my first trip since Christmas that ventured further than the Lexington airport or our church, so it was a feast to the eyes to have such a scene set before us. I could have spent the night there on the river banks, soaking in the beauty Louisville had to offer. The outdoor seating was closed due to the heavy downpour that hit while we drove, but it was gorgeous and had a Hawaiian vibe flowing through it.
Kristi came bearing gifts- new handmade bows!While the setting was lovely, the company was EVEN BETTER! Todd and Kristi- thanks for such a wonderful evening together. I just can't believe you are leaving in SIX WEEKS. Who ever thought NINE YEARS could go this fast? We are missing you already....

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I always wanted to eat there, but never did. I LOVE that drive along the river.

It's fun to see the beginnings of a tiny tummy on you.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I haven't eaten there since we moved here... I'm going to have to put it on the "to do" list this summer.