Friday, May 29, 2009

Lunch on the Green

One of the end of school events is having a picnic lunch on the grass in front of the school. It is aptly named: Lunch on the Green. The girls and I were so excited to join the boys today. We are always up for a fun event during the day, especially when it involves Trey, Josh and Matt!Trey's class eats before Josh and Matt, but all the boys were able to spend a few minutes together before Trey headed back inside. I've got my fingers crossed that their lunch schedule next year will allow the boys' times to overlap. (And that Trey doesn't think he's too "old" in 4th grade to have his mom and younger siblings join him for lunch once a week! Though, I think I'll still be safe.)Josh and Matt's classes eat lunch at the same time.Rich has been working nights, so we had a late breakfast with him. I didn't think the girls would be very hungry. I was wrong. Here's Brynn savaging for scraps from her brother's lunches. We hit McDonald's for food and their play land after we left the boys.Thanks guys for a very fun and memorable lunch!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Hayden does not want Jim or I to ever come to eat lunch with him. I know, sad huh. He says he just wants to eat as fast as possible so he can get outside for recess (somedays I swear he has only eaten like one cracker from his lunchbox).

I loved having my mom come for lunch. I'm sure your boys' friends think you are the coolest mom ever for coming so often.

Davis, on the other hand LOVES when I come to his classroom and I'm sure will welcome me for lunch anytime.

Holly said...

I LOVE the last picture. How precious. Your girls look so grown up now. How cool it is that y'all eat lunch with the boys. My girls really didn't start getting embarrassed about having me around until middle school, so I think all will be well!

Kristi said...

The photo of Brynn hugging Trey MELTS MY HEART. You are such an amazing mother and have amazing children to match!