Thursday, May 28, 2009

Life's little Gems

Once in a while you get a life "payday" when you don't expect it.

When I checked my email this afternoon, I discovered I had a note from Trey's teacher. She wanted to share a funny quote from Trey and send me a copy of what he wrote in school this morning.

When you hear from other people nice things your kids say, do or write it lifts your spirit and gives you resolve to keep trying hard to strengthen your children with good examples, praise, discipline and positive reinforcement. It also helps you see that even though you don't know if your kids ever really listen to what you say or do, that it does somehow get through.

But to know that they love you, through all the ups and downs of parenting them, I'd call that a pure "Gem of Life". Beautiful, precious and priceless.

(This is the email from Mrs. Newton)
Hey Cheryl,

Trey gave me a really good laugh today. At this time of the year, I really need all the laughs I can get…

Anyway, I lost all the students memoirs that were completed. So we had to redo them, all 25!!! Trey’s new memoir was about you. I’ve attached a copy for you.

My good laugh came when he was telling me about all of you shopping at Wal-Mart and shoppers looking at you saying “Bless your heart!” I told Trey what made it possible for you to take them shopping was the fact, that you all are so well-behaved and polite. You do have wonderful children. Would you like my 19 year old son? It might be too late for him, but maybe you can work a miracle.

Melody


The Most Important Person to Me
By: Trey Jackson
May 28, 2009

My mom is the most important person to me. She comforts me when I’m scared or sad. Also, she is always there to help. I would have lots of homework sent back, especially my math homework. Usually Dad’s at work or sleeping, he‘s nocturnal.


Plus she makes the food we eat. My favorite is her white chili. I don’t know how we would live without her around.

Mom makes me feel special because she doesn’t have favorites. She treats me and my twin brothers and twin sisters like royalty.

Another reason is that she is the reason I’m alive right now. I love my mom.


These are just some of the reasons my mom is the most important person to me.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I almost teared up! What a sweetie. You should save this and open it up again next Mother's Day. Very appropriate.

My favorite part, though, was divulging that Mr. Jackson is nocturnal. HIL. AIR. IOUS.

Marcie said...

I laughed about the nocturnal part also.

What a great payday.....and I'm sure made the daily grind seem a little less tedious.