Saturday, May 2, 2009

Go Baby Go!

So, our seats weren't quite in the Grandstand below the famed Twin Spires, and the only hat that adorned my head today was a Red Soxs baseball cap that kept the rain out of my eyes during one baseball game and two soccer matches. But watching the race surrounded by my sweet husband and kids made it enjoyable and memorable nonetheless.

We all pulled up our front row seats around the TV and watched the Running of the 135th Kentucky Derby. Rich wore his new T-shirt (12th Anniversary Gift- see what a dozen years married to me gets you! Cool, I know....), we sipped our drinks in our Mint Julep glasses, ate slices of Derby Pie, while our new Kentucky Derby Barbie looked glam in her hat and sundress. We sang My Old Kentucky Home loud and proud and we all were sucked in as we watched the Greatest Two Minutes in Sports unfold in the comfort of our very own kitchen.
Yup, lucky me. Derby is great, even if you can't be at Churchill Downs.

1 comment:

Marcie said...

They have a Kentucky Derby Barbie? Do they come out with one every year? She looks like she is wearing the same dress the Leanne Rimes wore.

Cheers to a fun and surprising race. Thanks for the details about the winner. What a shocker that was.