Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Birthday Girls

March 25, 2009- My little girls turned three. How fast they have grown. I love seeing their personalities emerge. I marvel at their friendship and laugh at their quirky ways. I cherish their sweet loves, hugs and kisses and appreciate their differences. They are my ever present buddies. I look forward to a lifetime of making memories with my sweet baby girls. BRYNN: Older than Kaitlyn by 9 minutes. 5 lb 6 oz- my smallest baby by far. A better sleeper than her sister at first, but nowadays seems to find her way into our bed on occasion.

Nickname: Brynnie Brynn, Mini Brynnie

Favorite sayings: " I don't want to EVER!" "I love my Mommy." "I do it myself!" "Watch me!" "I a monkey." "I NOT!" "Ah, I tink (think) so."

Favorite foods: Pickles and mustard, "Mac" (Big Mac), tomatoes, sour cream, salad, french fries, ice cream, toast ("no crunchy" (crust)), nuggies (nuggets), strawberries, pears, bananas, popsies (popsicles), chocomilk (chocolate milk) and Fresca

Favorite colors: yellow and pink

Loves to: Twirl, climb, do "flips" (somersaults), play mommy with her babies by rocking them and tucking them in bed, change her clothes over and over and over, wear her Ariel dress and shoes, put on makeup, cut paper with scissors, pet dogs and cats, suck her thumb, drag around her yellow blanket, read the animal book, watch Giselle, Dora or Little Mermaid, our future possible TV junkie

Favorite Disney Princesses: Ariel and Tinkerbell

Personality: Hyper, independent, strong willed, yet silly and sweet

Dislikes: Going to bed, lightning, fireworks, doing her hair, wearing wet clothing

Wish list: To wear swimsuits around the house 24/7 and go swim in our neighborhood pool daily

Funny stories: Rich has been working nights this past week, so I was flying solo trying to get all the kids to bed. After I got the girls in their jammies I handed Brynn the dirty clothes pile and instructed her to put them in the dirty basket. Ten seconds later she returned with the laundry measuring cup 1/8 full of Tide. I told her to put it away, I wasn't going to start the laundry yet. A few minutes later I realized I could hear the laundry washing. I went in to discover Brynn had added the soap, closed the door (front loading washer and dryer) and had properly pushed two buttons to get it working. I was surprised, but not shocked by Brynn's handiwork. I stopped the load, put in the rest of the clothes and started it again.

I then went downstairs to deal with the kitchen. Brynn climbed out of bed and appeared next to me just while I was cleaning up the table. I was in by the computer gathering items when I heard the sound of the 1/2 full dishwasher going. Brynn had been my helper girl once again, even though I wasn't quite ready for her valiant efforts.

The next night as I was getting them to bed, I realized Brynn had not finished her hamburger and told her to go and get it off the kitchen table where it was in a baggie. A minute later she returned with a piping hot burger. And I knew it wasn't hot when I left it. She worked her magic with the microwave and nuked it all by herself while in the plastic. Yummy.

Kaitlyn: Youngest in the family (until August). 6 lb 8 oz. Hardest of my babies to push out because she was over a pound heavier than Brynn. I pushed more with her than I did the other four combined (and that only lasted for nine solid minutes....). She started out a bit more fussy than Brynn and my mom and I joked that the little onesie that said "It's all about ME" was made for her. Over the years she has shown her true colors- sweet, soft, gentle and much more relaxed than her feistier sister.

Favorite sayings: "Yeah!" "I love my daddy." "Want to play my toys? It Fun!" "Scary doggie/kitty."

Favorite Foods: Chicken nuggets, french fries, milk, hot dogs, ketchup, strawberries, frozen or cooked peas, grapes, cheese, chips, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Favorite color: Purple

Loves to: Spend time with her daddy, play with her toys, push her dolls in their stroller, dress her Barbies, go to class (nursery) with daddy, suck her thumb, cuddle her blanket, picnic in the backyard, throw a ball (she has a seriously good arm!), read the animal book, look at catalogs (esp American Girl Dolls), and I love that she will wear whatever I pick out and leave her hair in all day long. What an angel!

Favorite Disney Princess: Snow White

Personality: Sweet, obedient, funny, shy around new people, but can stand her ground when Brynn pushes her buttons

Dislikes: Touching or being near animals, spicy food, going to the dentist, Brynn teasing her, clipping her toe nails

Wish list: Buying a toy shopping cart just for her and that our neighbor's cat Monroe will stay out of our backyard when she is out playing.

Funny stories: I told her to go up to her room and pick out a shirt the other day. She looked at me point blank and said, "I can't. I no climb." (Referring to Brynn's crazy scary scaling of the closet shelves every day. We lock the door now....)

She is the most expressive child. Just her facial expressions make me laugh. She raises and lowers her eyebrows, puts on a cute smirk and shrugs both shoulders. She's a hoot.

She doesn't use the pronoun 'she'. Everything is 'hers'. "Hers daddy (husband) went working."

She LOVES her daddy. "My daddy" she calls him.

She is perfectly honest. Who spilled the milk? "ME!" she exclaims. Who cut the paper into a million bits? "ME!" Who ate the cookies on the carpet?"ME!"


I could go on and on.... Love you sweet girls. You have blessed our lives for three wonderful years. We can't wait to see what adventures and fun we will have in the years ahead.

3 comments:

Marcie said...

What beautiful pictures of the girls. I love your detailed descriptions of each....there was so much I learned about them.

Your tribute to Mom and MIL are wonderful. What would we do without them to save us when life gets more crazy than we can handle alone. I laughed as I read your lists. My mom is always fixing things, making repairs, changing my lightbulbs, cleaning the cobwebs and bringing random kitchen tools she noticed I need. Your list looked very familiar.

How wonderful that both boys made the all star team together and that Grandma's were able to make some of the many basketball games you've been busy attending.

Marcie said...

Cheryl - Just saw your comment on Kristi's about facebook.

I am SO happy that someone else feels the same way that I do about it. I hate it and thought I was the only one in the world that thinks it is - well, really really stupid.

Ashlee said...

I love what you wrote about both of them. They truly have their own personalities. you would never know that they were twins. Brynn is so fun and energetic and Kaitlyn is so sweet and easy going. Both are a blast to be around.
Oh and I'm glad that Mac has two Jackson girls to pick from. But what a tough decision. Good thing he has at least 19 years to think about it:)

I love those girls. We really don't get to see them enough! Can't wait for tomorrow.