Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Fun

I have always been a firm believer that you should make a big deal about your child's birthday. It is the one day in the year that is their own personal special day, when you shower them with extra praise, love and presents. Who doesn't love that, right? Since we only get three special days for our five kiddos, you've got to make the most of them. And now that we know this new little one in my belly is a boy, I will only get one day, once a year that can be totally pink. And I'm going to live it up as long as I can.HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYNN AND KAITLYN!They requested balloons and party hatsThe pile of goodies and presents. Rich was working nights, so I knew I had better leave a few things unwrapped in an attempt to delay the gift opening until Daddy arrived.They knew exactly which gifts were theirs."Oriole" and Tink for Brynn. Tinkerbell was going on top of her cake.Snow White and a purple horsey for Kaitlyn. The My Little Pony would be on the top of her cake. (I am all about easy cakes....)The princess party hat were just what they wanted. I had gone to Walmart the day before and got the supplies while Rich and the girls slept. They were thrilled by what I had picked out.After a trip to the hospital for my now routine two week ultrasound, we did drive thru McDonald's to celebrate. Happy Meal= Happy Girls!I had hoped we could save the present opening until the boys returned home from school, but that certainly wasn't what Brynn had in mind. She began sneaking off with presents and trying to open them upstairs. She was so eager I had a hard time finding the video camera and cord and get it up and running before she had tiny tears in nearly every package. It's just so fun, who wants to wait!
Kaitlyn with her new purple princess nightgownKaitlyn LOVES Fisher Price Little People. Thanks to Kristi for giving us this set when she was cleaning out her house for her move.Princess ArielNew books from Grandpa and Grandma NanceShooting poppers in the backyardPrincesses in the rainWalking in her daddy's shoesKaitlyn giving our Easter Bunny some lovesMy helpers got the cakes before I did.....You can never have too much frostingPapa Johns for dinner!Josh made these cards for the girls during his free time at school. New princess shoes Decorating timeHappy Birthday to "Brynnie and Kay-en" they sing."Purple horsey cake"
"Tink cake with frostene" Best FriendsHappy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!Lovin' the dolls Grandma Blackhair sent(I think Brynn changed her clothes about 5 times that day. All the different outfits in the photos make me laugh. She is seriously quite the stylish little lady.... at least she thinks so)What a birthday! Thanks to all who made the girls feel so special and loved.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

That table with the gifts would make any little girl giddy with excitement. Wow! I also love the streamers leading into the kitchen, I need to remember that one.

What a wonderful day!

p.s. I want one of those crawling babies for myself.

Shelly said...

What a fun day!! Hannah will turn two this July and I am so excited for her to finally have a birthday that will actually mean something to her (kind of). Your girls are so adorable. They must be so much fun! I am glad you are back up and about. I was so worried when you didn't post on your blog for a while.