Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

The Luck of the Irish was with us this year as we celebrated a wonderful St. Patrick's Day- or as the girls renamed it: "Green Day". Works for me. Everyone laid out their clothes the night before. Matt was especially thrilled since his favorite color is green and wears a green shirt 99% of the time. It's like the best day of the year for him. I found a new 'Lucky Shirt' (he had a different version last year) and knew it would be perfect.Even the girls insisted on putting on their green attire at the early hour of 7 AM and before they were properly bathed. I shouldn't have been surprised. I mean who wants to be found with out green and get pinched?! I happily did sneak in a few soft pinches while they took their much needed bath later on, and they giggled and splashed me. I guess I did deserve it.... This is what they finally settled on to wear.Thank heavens for that bit of apple leaf, or Brynn would have been in trouble!
The real party started that evening when we headed over to the Millar's for an Irish Feast. Okay, so Ashlee told me Drew quickly nixed her meal idea of Cabbage and Corn Beef. Instead we had one fantastic BBQ and the weather could not have been lovelier (70 degrees that afternoon). The kids and I whipped up a few batches of green shamrock sugar cookies and frosting for the party. Ashlee did the rest. The Rosenhans were there as well.Ashlee also had Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt hidden around the house and yard for the kids. They boys were thrilled and actually let some of the little ones find the feet.Brynn shows off her clue (in her third outfit of the day which was completely lacking green).Every clue had a clever rhyme.The boys discovered their treasure stashed inside the mailbox. What sneaky little Leprechauns!Gold ribbon with green soda and green treats. Perfect!
What a holiday! Thanks to Ashlee and Drew for making it so special!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Mat's shirt was designed exactly for him....so perfect.

What fun to be able to make a party of the day. I tell myself every year that I want to host a dinner, and haven't yet. A seventy degree day would be reason enough to have a BBQ.