Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cold Stone

My little brother Rhett, who is a senior at the brand new Salem Hills High, got a part time job at Cold Stone a few months ago. We were so excited that he was working one of the night we were in town. Thanks to my very generous brother Greg and his darling wife Kate we enjoyed a tasty, cold treat free of charge thanks to their gift card. Plus we loved the family employee discount Rhett gave us.
Rhett looked great behind the counter.Rhett's name tag reads 'Rhettsir' which is a family nickname. His friend's tag read 'Bryce Cream.' Clever.We had a hard time deciding what to order with so many choices.I had Rhett whip up a pumpkin treat for me and Rich to share. Pumpkin ice cream, graham cracker crust, caramel topped with whipped cream. A work of art!The boys were eager to give Uncle Rhett a tip because the employees sing you a song. We tossed in our cash and they treated us to a very cool song and dance.Janell, Bryce, Dallin and Rhett. Janell and Dallin are brother and sister and in our ward in Salem. Dallin went to Alaska with my family last summer as Rhett's buddy (everyone else going were couples). Delicious!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Rhett must be a very cool uncle in deed. Not many high school kids I know would be willing to pose for so many photos for family at work.

I'm not a huge ice cream lover....but I do love Coldstone.

I didn't know there was a Salem high school now. Very fun.

Kristi said...

My personal fave is the cake batter ice cream.