Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YMCA Soccer

Another great soccer season came to an end on Saturday. Yes, it was a strange one since Trey broke his arm after his first double header game, but he was a trooper and never complained about the pain, about having to use his left hand for everything or about having to miss the rest of the season. Josh and Matt did a great job playing for Coach Brooks on the Generals. Here are a few highlights.Trey Josh Matt I felt so blessed that I took my new camera for its maiden voyage that morning. I had not taken more than 20 pictures with it, so I went nuts trying out settings and features and lenses took HUNDREDS of photos of the boys' first games. I was so grateful. Who would have thought it would be Trey's first two and last two games of the year? I was so happy to have pictures of him playing. He even managed to scored a goal. That's Trey for you!TREY Classic Trey. Down for the count. Helped off the field. Back in the action seconds later. He really is a soccer player (minus the stretcher)! JOSH & MATT I love watching them play together.Last game of the year: The Fall Soccer ExtravaganzaMattJoshCELEBRATE!Time for awards and trophiesJosh: Most Gifted AthleteMatt: Most Talented AthleteCoach BrooksCoach Brooks brought over Trey's trophy, award (Most Spirited Player), Wizard t-shirt and candy bar a few days after the last game.

Great job guys!!!

3 comments:

Marcie said...

Most gifted AND most talented.......very impressive boys.

Sarah said...

GOOD JOB guys! Looked like a ton of soccer fun. You know, right now I'm envying shorts and t-shirts, it getting too cold here for that!

Laura F said...

Wow, your pictures turned out so well!!! I can't believe some of those action shots with Trey - you're quite the photographer!