Thursday, May 29, 2008

Seems like old times....

Sometime life just hands you such a surprise you really almost can't believe it's real. Yesterday I got one of those rare treats. My dear friend Leslie who shared all of my life growing up in Salem with me called me and told me she just happened to be in Kentucky and wondered if she could stop by with her kids and visit today. I said YES in a heartbeat. We had been best friends for YEARS and in between Christmas cards and occasional letters and emails we had kept up a bit, but I hadn't seen her since my wedding- 11 years ago. It was high time for a reunion.

Sixth Grade Twin Day 1988

Leslie lived on Aspen Way while I was just a skip and a hop down the street on Apple Blossom Way. We were in the same primary class and young women class nearly our entire lives. We were in the same third and fifth grade classes. We had endless sleep overs, played on her computer, baked in her Easy-Bake-Oven (something I never owned), played Clue, tried on clothes, rearranged her bedroom furniture, rafted on the pond, made fancy breakfasts and ate them in her dining room, played Barbies and dress up and did each others hair. She was the kind of friend every one wished they had. I was a lucky girl- now and then. It was great to see her and catch up. It was like time had stood still a bit. Until I looked at our kids and knew we weren't 18 any more. She now lives in Missouri so I hope this little get together can repeated in the future.
Thanks so much for the visit Leslie. You're amazing!! Third Grade Mrs. LoftinFifth Grade Mrs. BradyOctober 1988Senior Year December 1994Malorie, Brandt, Jocelyn and Leslie

2 comments:

Marcie said...

What a fun surprise!

Loved all the old pictures you put together. Don't you ever get a little sad that when we were seniors it was cool to wear the biggest jeans and flannel shirts you could find. Seriously, what a waste of great bodies.

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

That is so cool that you saw someone from Utah... I think that is one of the things that I do not like about living here.. I never have opportunities to run into old friends and stuff..