Sunday, May 4, 2008

2008 Kentucky Derby

What an amazing, memorable day spent with friends that brought laughter, cheers, chills and nearly tears. I will never forget our day spent at Churchill Downs on May 3, 2008.

Congratulations to Big Brown. He is a magnificient horse and a real triple crown contender.

Our hearts go out to 8 Belles and her entire horse racing family. We left the track thinking of you!

Thanks to Jim, Marcie, Kim and Steve for all the memories.

An an even bigger thanks to Josh and Tiffany and Todd and Kristi for taking our kids and allowing us to go.

We owe you guys big time!!

3 comments:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time.. and I'm sooo glad that you didn't get rained on!
Post some more pictures.. I want to see you in that awesome hat!
Melissa

Sally said...

Cheryl,

I have been dying to see some pictures of your big day and I knew I would get the most details out of you! Love all the pictures but am still waiting for you and the girls in your hats!

Hope you don't mind- I stole your Kentucky list from last year for my blog. It was just so perfect. You don't miss anything.

What an amazing Derby! Couldn't believe eight belles! So so sad.

Can't wait for picts!

Amanda said...

We heard about the race. Such a terrible thing to lose such a beautiful animal.